THREE YEARS OLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
Hopie is 3 years old yesturday, he pip'd on June 4th 2008. He was a mess, kinda deformed. We opted to keep him so he could straighten out. Well he for sure did and turned out beautiful. This was his first strawberry, his birthday strawberry!

3485yfl.jpg

28va8gk.jpg

2hezh5i.jpg

29wn0b8.jpg

4fzc0h.jpg

2eflrt1.jpg

2mgseja.jpg

16h2oop.jpg

x3wdxd.jpg

m9tv08.jpg

kbaker

5 Year Member
Michigan
Yes, he turned out beautiful. What did he look like before?

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
kbaker said:

:tort: He had several issues, some I do not have pictures of, they are on the bottom of his shell. Everything developed just fine, it took over six months for him to straighten out. :tort: A little history, he was the only survivor of his clutch. The clutch was one we could not locate and finally did about 30 days latter. Nine fertile and he was the only one that hatched. He is so special and a blessing, just a wonderful strong personality with a high drive to survive!

10g0ao5.jpg

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
He's gorgeous! I love the last picture after he ate his strawberry. His expression was like "Oh yeah, I ate the WHOLE thing!"

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Hopie looks GREAT! I'm wondering if his early issues weren't due to being cramped in the egg...I've seen it with elephants that after growing to immense size in the womb are unable to straighten their legs for days and sometimes weeks. In the tortoise's situation, I would think that, since it's soft anyway, the shell would be subject to deformities inside the egg...:tort:

kbaker

5 Year Member
Michigan
ALDABRAMAN said:
kbaker said:

:tort: He had several issues, some I do not have pictures of, they are on the bottom of his shell. Everything developed just fine, it took over six months for him to straighten out. :tort: A little history, he was the only survivor of his clutch. The clutch was one we could not locate and finally did about 30 days latter. Nine fertile and he was the only one that hatched. He is so special and a blessing, just a wonderful strong personality with a high drive to survive!

10g0ao5.jpg

Another example of the ugly duckling turning out to be one of the nicest looking. I know I would have passed on that one if I had a choice and then three years later, kicking myself for not taking him.

Thanks for the picture. :D

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
What a beauty! I'm glad he turned out nice. He has humongo elephant legs ;)

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Happy Birthday!! He is handsome :D

Zouave

5 Year Member
Toronto
Happy Birthday! What a proud looking gentleman. :)

ticothetort2

5 Year Member
SoCal
Amazing! Hopie looks great, he's come along way. Love those big old legs!

Sky2Mina

10 Year Member!
Bangkok
Wow, he looks great now! Good that you kept him. He's so special because he was the only survivor... :)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I just love it when you show pictures of the ages and stages of your tortoises. I would love to see the actual size of this three year old. Maybe you could take one with a hand or something that can help us visualize the true size of this three year old. :)

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Wow he has blossomed into a great looking Aldabra, glad he made such a wonderful turn around...

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Candy said:
I just love it when you show pictures of the ages and stages of your tortoises. I would love to see the actual size of this three year old. Maybe you could take one with a hand or something that can help us visualize the true size of this three year old. :)

:tort: These were just taken. M/06-06-2011.

144be3q.jpg

98r67p.jpg

6iwkdt.jpg

Sky2Mina

10 Year Member!
Bangkok
He looks great. And there is some action in the background. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.