Three Toed Box Turtle Sick? Help.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Hi, notice ALL members mentioned seeing a vet.

Loohan

5 Year Member
North-Central Arkansas
Maybe not everyone has access to a good vet they can afford. At least she's trying to do what she can with limited resources.

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
Maybe not everyone has access to a good vet they can afford. At least she's trying to do what she can with limited resources.

I normally wouldn't mind this comment or atleast would be understanding to not taking it to a vet somewhere in the near vicinity under difficult circumstances. However, when you say you rescue and rehabilitate turtles from the road, you should have a vet, medications(antibiotics) or someone who can test for issues the turtle is going through at your disposal. Just saying.

Loohan

5 Year Member
North-Central Arkansas
I normally wouldn't mind this comment or atleast would be understanding to not taking it to a vet somewhere in the near vicinity under difficult circumstances. However, when you say you rescue and rehabilitate turtles from the road, you should have a vet, medications(antibiotics) or someone who can test for issues the turtle is going through at your disposal. Just saying.

I am not familiar with this person's resources, but if she is helping critters as best she can on her own initiative, that otherwise would get no help, i can't fault her for not having more resources.
Just because she can't do everything right doesn't mean she shouldn't do what she can.

AndreaRosie

5 Year Member
Wow guys. I'm guessing y'all aren't from the south. Y'all really attacked me here. I won't be using this forum if me trying to just help turtles gets me the reactions I got. Bless your hearts.