three funny photos I took today

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachael

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
los angeles
This was supposed be a photo of Rabbit climbing a wall, I guess I startled him because it ended up being a photo of him mid-fall in MID-AIR:
DSC00917.jpg

CDT (#1 now named "Min" for her size) meets pumpkin.. and likes it.. a lot.
DSC00923.jpg

This was a glamor shot gone wrong as I forgot to open my eyes. Dont mind the the clamy green look.. I've been home for a week with shingles. This is the first sunshine Ive seen in a week!
DSC00927.jpg

Have a nice weekend!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
The first pick looks like the tort is standing on 2 legs, lol

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Oklahoma
awesome pics. not sure which is funnier, the tortoise falling or you FORGETTING to open your eyes!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Isn't it amazing how they just instinctively know that they can use a corner to climb. Love that picture.

You make me sick! Some of us have to primp and spray and paint in order to look even halfway decent, and here you are just getting over being sick and with your eyes closed yet, and you still look great! :p

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
rachael said:
This was supposed be a photo of Rabbit climbing a wall, I guess I startled him because it ended up being a photo of him mid-fall in MID-AIR:
DSC00917.jpg

It's almost like he threw his arms back to soften the blow like a human would.

luke

5 Year Member
SoCal
Rabbit looks like he's breakdancing in that first pic, LOL.

thanks for sharing your pics

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I can hear him going, "whoa... whoa... Whoa... WHOA... ahhh!!!"

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Oh my gosh that first picture is so funny. Poor little guy. Good luck with your shingles, I had them once too. :( Still have the scar to prove it. :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
It always amazes me how they know that they can climb up a corner like that. Great pictures. I'll agree with Yvonne on this one. You look great for someone who just got over shingles.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Shingles... NOT FUN! I have the scars still too. but faint.. I had lingering pain for a while too.. stabbing little stings.. but that is pretty much gone...
You are a bit young for them... but I thought I was too!
It looks like you are enjoying the sun.... ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

rachael

5 Year Member
los angeles
Yeah, tell me about it. Im generally a stress case.. Ive been told I overly internalize and empathize hence 3 ulcers and shingles BEFORE THE AGE OF 25. Oh well. I do what I can. My mom and I are both medical marvels per say. Shes had a list of diseases thought to be wiped out in the U.S. for YEARSSS before she got them.

Bells palsy
typhoid
bubonic plague (some weird strain)
lupus
mutiple cancers

Thats just the heavy list.. if you met her youd never know, aside from surgical scars she NEVER shows symptoms. Im the same way. I spent the last two years on chemo and a couple years before that I was in a wheel chair for failing organs and then poof! everything was fine.

Doctors are perplexed by us, they used to think it was environmental but I didnt grow up around my mom and now she lives overseas. ahh I could go on and on about ailments.. but anyway enough fun facts about "Rachael" :)

Yes, the sunshine! It was beautiful out today in So Cal. The new CDT hatchlings were loving it. Im glad you guys like the photos as much as I did!

ps. in reference to that salmonella thread, I was a healthy kid and I ALWAYS wash my hands :p

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
wow rachel.. you could do your Own forum!
I too have done the Chemo and radiation thing.. 20 years ago..
I had some side effects that are in small print in the text books.. I think
they wrote a few papers on me!!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Oh my gosh I LOVE the falling picture. I really like the closed eye pic too:).

I am sorry you and your mom have been so sick! I have heard that shingles is terrible! My middle child has an immune deficiency that makes it hard for her to build the antibodies to vaccinations so she is also prone to things that have been eradicated. I hope you and your mom's medical challenges are behind you or at least get easier.

Balboa

5 Year Member
PNW
WOW,
you look great for all that, and those are some great pics.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Wow you would never know that you have gone thru so much at such a young age. You and your mom are fighters!!

rachael

5 Year Member
los angeles
haha thanks for the compliments.. I still feel a bit blehh..but yes could be much worse!

Yes, my mom is well healthy now. Shes spending her time in Bahrain dealing with their political problems these days. Everyone has their health issues, every time I get sick I meet someone whos been there done that and it was usually WORSE. Its so weird how the human body works and just biology in general. Im just happy we're all so resilient! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.