This might could make awesome hide

Beachtherapy

Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
I came across a tortoise table on Pinterest that had this neat rock hide. In description a link was given of a company that sells the for many times over the cost but listed the product number. I had a pet store years ago so looked it up on line.
it is a pump cover that Lowe’s carries.
You can search pump cover on Lowe’s site and buy as big a one as you need. I looked at a huge one at Lowe’s. You would have to modify for a bulldozer tortoise or it may not work. The entrance can be modified larger as needed and you would have to use your imagination on how secure one for a giant breed tortoise. But for babies growing up and the small breeds I love them.

14-in W x 19-in L x 12-in H Well Pump Cover https://www.lowes.com/pd/Dekorra-14-in-W-x-19-in-L-x-12-in-H-Well-Pump-Cover/4430008

There are many different ones to choose in price or shape.
I didn’t do the research to see if safe and you may want to search for this. I’ve asked Tom to look into these and he asked me to put it in a post.

I just finally joined to introduce myself and my awesome wonderful beautiful little big friend Douglas.
If I was told the correct age he’s a little over 2 1/2 years old and about 5”. He’s been my hearts desire well over 10 years and accidentally found him looking for a chocolate lab. God sure did bless me in so many ways.
I’ve been reading things on here since I got him on October 9, 2020.

Wear your masks and stay safe and be sure to thank everyone whose working a job where we need them for so many things. Healthcare, Fire Department, 911 workers, waste management, water department, power companies, store employees, and anywhere we go that anyone is working and doing a job so they are open and serving us or helping us in any way.

Attachments

• B0FBC815-257C-472A-B048-5CAEB9F129E7.jpeg
    B0FBC815-257C-472A-B048-5CAEB9F129E7.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 34FACA5A-D191-482D-8A1D-5CADDEFDBF76.png
    34FACA5A-D191-482D-8A1D-5CADDEFDBF76.png
    87.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 5E2BBFA7-1F65-4BB2-9FF6-8CCC47971C19.jpeg
    5E2BBFA7-1F65-4BB2-9FF6-8CCC47971C19.jpeg
    548.6 KB · Views: 17

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Those look pretty nice - a bit on the pricey side for a “hide” . Material looks to be molded fiberglass/resin. Not sure how much of the fiber would be exposed during the cutting out of an entrance. There are some pretty large sized ones, thats for sure.

Beachtherapy

Tennessee
I actually looked at one and turned it to look inside. I didn’t see any fiberglass fibers. I know when I found it on Lowe’s there was one $30 something. The big hide that look like rocks are more than $30. I don’t remember what kind your baby is so exterra makes really neat ones and I’ve seen them for sale on Facebook marketplace. There’s an X large one on there now with a broken piece. And then there’s the one I got with my baby by Kaytee

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002AS5KK/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

you can just google hide outs.

Attachments

• 20823B1B-7EF6-45D2-A154-24B47AD48A47.jpeg
    20823B1B-7EF6-45D2-A154-24B47AD48A47.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 4

Beachtherapy

Tennessee
Those look pretty nice - a bit on the pricey side for a “hide” . Material looks to be molded fiberglass/resin. Not sure how much of the fiber would be exposed during the cutting out of an entrance. There are some pretty large sized ones, thats for sure.
B
Beachtherapy

JoinedOct 10, 2020Messages5Location (City and/or State)Tennessee
I actually looked at one and turned it to look inside. I didn’t see any fiberglass fibers. I know when I found it on Lowe’s there was one $30 something. The big hide that look like rocks are more than $30. I don’t remember what kind your baby is so exterra makes really neat ones and I’ve seen them for sale on Facebook marketplace. There’s an X large one on there now with a broken piece. And then there’s the one I got with my baby by Kaytee

silly me put this on my thread. I’m new at this ??????

Attachments

• 645480F1-9128-43DF-B4D0-5A91E20E9D1C.jpeg
    645480F1-9128-43DF-B4D0-5A91E20E9D1C.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 0

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Once you cut an entrance, the fiberglass fibers will be exposed. Might not be anything, could easily be melted with a flame. As they are before cutting, all good.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Once you cut an entrance, the fiberglass fibers will be exposed. Might not be anything, could easily be melted with a flame. As they are before cutting, all good.
Maybe use some car door edge trim to cover the cut?

Aloysius Taschse

Mainly Texas
That is a cool idea and it would look great! I love making things look natural, and my sulcata Kiwi is going to have an awesome possibly bioactive enclosure with plants and stuff like that! Good luck in the making of a door! I'm sure your tort will love it.