This guy cracks me up

Meganolvt

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
I was letting Roland have house roaming time and I left the room for a second. When I came back, he had crawled into my daughter's doll cradle! I couldn't stop laughing. 20150913_200817.jpg

Meganolvt

Michigan
  1. So cute!! What happened to his shell?? I was just wondering... Thanks, if you reply:)

I actually don't know what happened to his shell, I adopted him about 3 weeks ago and the person I got him from didn't know either. I wish I knew! Oh well, it doesnt slow him down or seem to bother him at all.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
That is from a poor diet . I would make him a humid enclosure . Feed food higher in calcium . Mulberry leaves and fruit hibiscus kale mush rooms from store not yard . You are also asking for trouble letting him run lose in the house . They will eat stuff off the floor you never know what could happen . If your weather is good and warm get him outside in the sun . It will help him absorb calcium. You can also use vitashell on his carapace. Put it in between the sunk in scutes this will help a little but will not make it go away . As he ages it will get better . Sorry if I'm coming off rash just trying to help you understand what's happening with your Tortoise.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Very cute, he was a little tired. I have to agree though about roaming the house, really bad idea, even though it gets cute pics.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
the mushroom cap look to his shell is from metabolic bone disorder. I would increases calcium supplement a little bit and get him as much natural sunshine is possible.

Turtle Lover <3

1. I actually don't know what happened to his shell, I adopted him about 3 weeks ago and the person I got him from didn't know either. I wish I knew! Oh well, it doesnt slow him down or seem to bother him at all.
Oh! Good thing he's doing well:) Thanks for the reply;)

Meganolvt

Michigan
I assume it is from a poor diet, but it really could have been an injury (it's not really a good picture of his shell). I've got his diet and humidity right since i've had him. He's been outside all day, in fact. Already using VitaShell. So no worries anyone about his diet and husbandry, i'm all over it. I actually think his shell looks better since the day I got him. ;)

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I assume it is from a poor diet, but it really could have been an injury (it's not really a good picture of his shell). I've got his diet and humidity right since i've had him. He's been outside all day, in fact. Already using VitaShell. So no worries anyone about his diet and husbandry, i'm all over it. I actually think his shell looks better since the day I got him. ;)
Wasn't saying you did this we know you just got him . Just trying to help fix was has been done . Tortoises get hurt walking freely in houses all the time .