This fourm is not only useless, it's dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Anybody notice no positive or negative response from @meatball since his initial post?
I looked at his profile, and the post shows posted at 5;24a and his profile shows "last visited at 5:24a." So they threw out a negative, not factual post then headed for the hills.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
I looked at his profile, and the post shows posted at 5;24a and his profile shows "last visited at 5:24a." So they threw out a negative, not factual post then headed for the hills.

I’ve found that that isn’t very accurate sometimes. I’ll be on for an hour or so, and it’ll say the last time I was on was a few hours ago. Not sure how that works.

Tank & Scooter

Los Angeles
My comment got deleted lol. Who's the moderator? You gotta give it at least an hour man. You cant have this idiot troll us and think he can get away with it lol. I

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh it loaded alright! It's been removed to the moderator section so we can decide what to do about it. While you're waiting for our decision, re-read our rules on posting:

Tortoise Forum .org Guidelines

The goal of this site is to provide a venue where the discussion of any and all topics relating to tortoises may take place. It is our aim to keep this site family-friendly so that users of ALL age groups may participate.

• Do not post anything blatantly rude and/or insulting.
  • Spamming and trolling will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post explicit or otherwise inappropriate material.
  • Refrain from the discussion of ANY illegal activities.

We're generally pretty lenient, however, your post and picture stretched the boundaries a bit.

Tank & Scooter

Los Angeles
Sorry to say I just might leave this forum. I attempted to defended the forum and everyone on it, and get my comment blocked? You the mod yvone ?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sorry to say I just might leave this forum. I attempted to defended the forum and everyone on it, and get my comment blocked? You the mod yvone ?
There are several mods.
We appreciate you defending the forum. You just can't do it in the way/language you did.
It's not that we don't agree with you, most of us probably do. We do have to enforce the rules that Josh entrusted us to enforce. It's nothing personal it's what we agreed to do as moderators.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Hey man, I just wanted to say I've read all your post. You really seem to value and take pride in the care of your tortoises. I enjoy reading your post, and I also enjoy seeing pictures of your little guys. This guy's post irritated me to no end, but I think that's what his intent was. I totally respect the fact that you wanted to defend the Forum and the great information and great people on it. Please don't be offended, but to wish bodily harm on another human being publicly may not be the way to go. It kind of crosses that line where the moderators have to step in, and feeds this trolls appetite for drama.

Tank & Scooter

Los Angeles
Please, let’s not loose anybody due to a one and done troller. If you quit, he wins.
Look up "enemy mcla" on YouTube, im a moderator to over 10,000 actually active users. I wouldn't instantly block a comment, especially when they're defending my people and my channel. I tried blocking, didnt work lol. Im not mad at meatball, am mad at the dude who blocked my comment, then stays quite when I ask if he's the mod. I'll wait for my comment to get reposted, if not im out this forum. LOYALTY IS IMPORTANT TO ME. WE GOT UNLOYAL MODERATORS THO.Screenshot_20180531-125402.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Your making a mistake. Each forum has their own rules. As moderators we have to follow the rules of this forum. There is no time limit to leave up bad post that breaks the rules. They get taken down as soon as they are spotted. That may be right away and it may be hours later. We are not paid to be a mod. So we don't sit on this forum for an 8 hour shift. We pop in and out when we can as we also have other parts to our lives.
Don't make it worse then it is. Your post as you wrote it will not be allowed back on the forum.
Mods don't really have to explain themselves. But, I deleted it at the same time another mod moved it to be reviewed. Not reviewed to let it come back as written but to be edited, deleted, or possible warning.
We wouldn't be doing our volunteer mod service if we had left it, plain and simple.
If you do think we (mods) did something wrong with or about your post you can take it up with Josh.
Really hate seeing a good member letting the troll of this thread get his way and making his day.
Also you are so wrong about unloyal mods. Like I said already, we do this without pay. Out of loyalty to keep this forum going in the direction Josh intended and for all, young and old, from all countries and walks of life to enjoy.
All mods have been members for years, not months. We have seen way more then you have in the short time you have been a member. Stick
around long enough and you will see why that kind of posting won't work or be allowed here.

Last edited:

Tank & Scooter

Los Angeles
Sorry for overreacting guys.
Especially you Yvonnie.

I just got mad I got my comment blocked in less than 1 minute. Got angry, im usually doing the muting, not use to getting comments blocked . and that was my clean version too, I had deleted all the bad words lol.

Maybe I did go a little overboard. You gotta admit, the part where I said your Sulcata can walk straight into the ocean and probably find a better home than what you offer was a good one[emoji23]

Truth is im known on Facebook as a Troll Killer, Im a semi pro gamer trying to go pro. In the competitive gaming world, people cheat and kick you offline, so i gotta protect myself.

I have a little box that changes my IP 6 times a minute, but that only works for the free IP sniffers. I have an IP Sniffer you can only buy with coinbit. Im able to get peoples IP and address within 1 minute. Only downfall is they have to be on LAN LINE or WiFi.

That's how i usually shut up trolls on our Facebook, i get their gamer tag, message their PlayStation from mine and boom, i have their location. I just post a pic of their house and trolls disappear[emoji41][emoji23]

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sorry for overreacting guys.
Especially you Yvonnie.

I just got mad I got my comment blocked in less than 1 minute. Got angry, im usually doing the muting, not use to getting comments blocked . and that was my clean version too, I had deleted all the bad words lol.

Maybe I did go a little overboard. You gotta admit, the part where I said your Sulcata can walk straight into the ocean and probably find a better home than what you offer was a good one[emoji23]

Truth is im known on Facebook as a Troll Killer, Im a semi pro gamer trying to go pro. In the competitive gaming world, people cheat and kick you offline, so i gotta protect myself.

I have a little box that changes my IP 6 times a minute, but that only works for the free IP sniffers. I have an IP Sniffer you can only buy with coinbit. Im able to get peoples IP and address within 1 minute. Only downfall is they have to be on LAN LINE or WiFi.

That's how i usually shut up trolls on our Facebook, i get their gamer tag, message their PlayStation from mine and boom, i have their location. I just post a pic of their house and trolls disappear[emoji41][emoji23]
My son is a gamer. I have heard their language used in those games. Fine for the games and gamers, not fine for this forum. I'm very glad you could settle down and understand.
We don't have anything to figure out a troll. We just have to wait until we get it figured out. Eventually they trip up and we get it figured out.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes, I'm the one who moved your post so the other moderators and I could talk about it to decide whether to leave it or not.

The very first rule in our guidelines says, "Do not post anything blatantly rude or insulting." Your post was quite rude and very insulting. The next rule says, "Spamming and trolling will not be tolerated." Until we can be sure this member was a troll, we had to give him enough rope.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Look up "enemy mcla" on YouTube, im a moderator to over 10,000 actually active users. I wouldn't instantly block a comment, especially when they're defending my people and my channel. I tried blocking, didnt work lol. Im not mad at meatball, am mad at the dude who blocked my comment, then stays quite when I ask if he's the mod. I'll wait for my comment to get reposted, if not im out this forum. LOYALTY IS IMPORTANT TO ME. WE GOT UNLOYAL MODERATORS THO.View attachment 240393
I wasn't ignoring you. I had to take a very sick cat to the vet for a terrible outcome, and really didn't feel like coming back on here

Status
Not open for further replies.