Thermostat vs outside humidty/thermo

braige thomas

Location (City and/or State)
Knoxville TENNESSEE
I recently got a thermostat and it says 85 degrees but my other outside acui something thermoater hydro meter says 79 which is accurate cause I have a ceramic heater going with a top heater and a 100 watt lamp going and some how it's only 79 apparently but my thermo I just installed says 85 my house is hot as he'll to at 77 so I don't know my probe is at the top right of tank away from.heaters the acui is at the side with the heater pushing straight at it so it makes no sense ik heat rises but thr probe is bout half way down the tank wall help @Tom?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Get yourself one of these non contact thermometers.
This particular one is from HARBOR FREIGHT
They're inexpensive and can show you the exact surface temperature. Which is easier to read than ambient temperature.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230714_183615_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230714_183615_Samsung Internet.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 2

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Are they both digital?
The probe, thermometer should be at tort level not at the top. It's always hotter at the top as heat rises.

braige thomas

Knoxville TENNESSEE
I have one of those to it says the probe is the temp it is reading on the thermo but it's atleast 80 everywhere on thr ground I'm trying keep them above 80 no matter what to keep a RI from happening Tom advised me so it's over 80 so one end will be colder on the ground but idk

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Also I believe they have a stated accuracy rate on the packaging of like -3 +2, each one will vary.
The temp gun Zeropilot showed you or any temp gun is a great tool to have.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I recently got a thermostat and it says 85 degrees but my other outside acui something thermoater hydro meter says 79 which is accurate cause I have a ceramic heater going with a top heater and a 100 watt lamp going and some how it's only 79 apparently but my thermo I just installed says 85 my house is hot as he'll to at 77 so I don't know my probe is at the top right of tank away from.heaters the acui is at the side with the heater pushing straight at it so it makes no sense ik heat rises but thr probe is bout half way down the tank wall help @Tom?
You tagged me here, but I can't make heads or tails of your assemblage of words here. Are you asking a question? These are all words that I know, but due to the lack of sentence formation, capitalization, punctuation, and the misspelled words, I really can't tell what you are trying to say or ask.

braige thomas

Knoxville TENNESSEE
You tagged me here, but I can't make heads or tails of your assemblage of words here. Are you asking a question? These are all words that I know, but due to the lack of sentence formation, capitalization, punctuation, and the misspelled words, I really can't tell what you are trying to say or ask.
I've lowered the probe down where they stay at on thr opposite side of heaters it now is pretty close toghter trying to keep it 86 like you said sir and im sorry