The mystery revealed! Heres my new baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q'sTortie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tampa, Florida
When I first decided to get a tortoise and I started searching and came across Radiated tortoises I remember saying that I'll probably never be able to own one of these beauties... BUT NOW I DO!!! :D:D:D:D

A thank you to John aka Coastal :) When she got to Tampa this morning I went to FedEx to pick her up and let me tell you, I almost had a heart attack when the lady just chucked the box down on the table in front of me lol I went to the car and opened the box right away :) Poor thing the trip must have been rough because it scared the poop out of her, LITERALLY! She is awesome! Very active, eating and not scared at all!

Enjoy the pictures :D
http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w157/qin-qin/Radiated Tortoise/

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats, it's a keeper for sure. I was going to make a guess on your other thread. I would have been wrong. I was going to guess an Aldabra, wrong guess almost same price:p:D

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Very nice, I wish I could also have a radiata I can take care from hatchling :D

Q'sTortie

5 Year Member
Tampa, Florida
Thanks everyone! Shes a tad under 2.5 inches and she was hatched 6/2012 :D she is 42 grams and still unnamed!! I want to pick a star related name but I couldn't think of anything. Does anyone have any ideas?
Here's a picture of her today sprawled out on top of my sensor. She's so cute I love her :D

IMG_1386.jpg

BaywoodKids

5 Year Member
What a beautiful baby! How about Sidra? Latin origin, means "of the stars." :)

Q'sTortie

5 Year Member
Tampa, Florida
BaywoodKids said:
What a beautiful baby! How about Sidra? Latin origin, means "of the stars." :)

Thanks for the inspiration! I love the meaning but every time I said it the "d" in it just didn't make it flow out nice. I liked the "ra" sound at the end so I started to think of other names that sounds kinna the same and I found Lyra! googled it and its a constellation!! It was ment to be :D thanks again BaywoodKids. She will now be named Lyra :D I even found the boy name, Lynx, on the same page about constellations. So she will be Lynx if she becomes a he.

Status
Not open for further replies.