The Little One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urtle

5 Year Member
Hey Y'all,
Here are some pics of my new baby sulcata. I got her a couple days back from Arizona Sulcata. Thank you Austin :)

Shes doing great so far.. eating well, sunning daily, and staying active. I have her currently living in a 40 gallon breeder. She REALLY enjoys digging herself up in the coco coir under the heat and humidity. lol

Attachments

• CIMG1450.JPG
    CIMG1450.JPG
    307.1 KB · Views: 98
  • CIMG1479.JPG
    CIMG1479.JPG
    266.2 KB · Views: 131
  • CIMG1481.JPG
    CIMG1481.JPG
    321.4 KB · Views: 119
  • CIMG1483.JPG
    CIMG1483.JPG
    206.4 KB · Views: 116

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Your baby looks great! Hydrated and healthy.

Mine just started hatching last week. Still in the brooder box. Funny, huh?

That water pan is too deep and tall sided. That depth might be okay in a few months, but by then it will be too small. If I were you, I'd remove it. You can get a terra cotta plant saucer at any hardware store for a few bucks. I use the 6" size for my hatchlings.

Urtle

5 Year Member
Tom said:
Your baby looks great! Hydrated and healthy.

Mine just started hatching last week. Still in the brooder box. Funny, huh?

That water pan is too deep and tall sided. That depth might be okay in a few months, but by then it will be too small. If I were you, I'd remove it. You can get a terra cotta plant saucer at any hardware store for a few bucks. I use the 6" size for my hatchlings.

Thank you Tom
:D Im sure they cant wait to get out lol.

I've been meaning to change that. The walls are to high and she gets stuck inside or does not even bother going in... but your right, the terra cotta saucers are great for this.

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
One seriously cute baby, I may need to post the puking rainbows thing again.

RonHays

5 Year Member
Oxford, Ms
I just got one from Arizona Sulcata also. He has beautiful babies! Mine is outside in his outdoor enclosure right now. Soaking up that 90 degree humid heat we have right now. Yours looks great also! Good luck with him. :)

Urtle

5 Year Member
RonHays said:
I just got one from Arizona Sulcata also. He has beautiful babies! Mine is outside in his outdoor enclosure right now. Soaking up that 90 degree humid heat we have right now. Yours looks great also! Good luck with him. :)

Thanks, I wonder if both of ours came from the same clutch.

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
Urtle said:
Thanks, I wonder if both of ours came from the same clutch.

Nope different clutch but same dad. Both clutches hatched within a day of each other though! Congrats I'm glad both of you are enjoying your torts! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.