WyattsReptiles

Location (City and/or State)
North Carolina
My sulcata is currently about 9 months old, and is living in a 55 gallon tank, which suits her for now, but i know this won't be the case for very long. My problem is that i don't know her fate after she grows out of her tank. I understand that this happens a lot, but its not as bad as you think. I own 22 acres of land. Plenty to fill her needs as the grows into adulthood, but the problem is the climate. I live in North Carolina, and i was wondering if she would be okay living outside considering the yearly temperatures?

Hutsie B

5 Year Member
NC
I live in NC and had two Sulcatas...I gave them away due to health problems and a husband not willing to take care of them when I couldn't . I was planning on building them an insulated out house when they out grew the inside space. I don't know what age that was going to be, but they are 4 and I was thinking of building it this summer. I am not sure the best time it is to put them out in a warmed house, but someone here will. Good luck with your baby. You can get a LOT of great advice here on this post.

jojay327

10 Year Member!
Elgin, South Carolina
My sulcata is currently about 9 months old, and is living in a 55 gallon tank, which suits her for now, but i know this won't be the case for very long. My problem is that i don't know her fate after she grows out of her tank. I understand that this happens a lot, but its not as bad as you think. I own 22 acres of land. Plenty to fill her needs as the grows into adulthood, but the problem is the climate. I live in North Carolina, and i was wondering if she would be okay living outside considering the yearly temperatures?
I live in Elgin SC an hour from Charlotte. I've had no problems with my guy outside year-round. He has a heated house. Are you near Charlotte?IMG_20180304_141159.jpg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Yep, @Tom ’s night boxes are the tried and true way to go here. No reason to re-invent the wheel, when Tom has done this and even made improvements to his original design over time.