The boy named Matilda is getting big

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
When we were picking stuff up at my house Saturday, we grabbed the scale so I could weigh her up!

He is getting big! He started at 9gm's 3.75 years ago!

IMG_2906.jpg

I pulled her pen up, put it in the truck and brought it over Sat. She spent the night outside....from 75 indoors to 41 this morning. I felt bad and brought her in for this week...gonna get colder out. In hindsight, it probably wasn't a good week to move her out but I'm glad the pen is installed.

Don't be put off....there is gender-fluidity in how I speak about him only out of habit. sorry, I'm trying to change over my thinking and see him as a little dude....a well *ung little dude, but it's taking some time.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
When we were picking stuff up at my house Saturday, we grabbed the scale so I could weigh her up!

View attachment 368128

I pulled her pen up, put it in the truck and brought it over Sat. She spent the night outside....from 75 indoors to 41 this morning. I felt bad and brought her in for this week...gonna get colder out. In hindsight, it probably wasn't a good week to move her out but I'm glad the pen is installed.

Don't be put off....there is gender-fluidity in how I speak about him only out of habit. sorry, I'm trying to change over my thinking and see him as a little dude....a well *ung little dude, but it's taking some time.

I feel quite certain that Matilda would embrace gender fluidity and be comfortable with all pronouns. If human, Mathilda would be a rock star drag queen who has seen a bunch of $#$!!@ in her days, and that includes flashing impertinent people like you as necessary when you get in her business

So I say keep calling her she!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Weather fooled you too? We were having such a a nice March and now we have 4 days of snow, nothing much and not going to accumulate but still😡
S/he looks great. I bet s/he was loving being outside until it got cold.

ecachuh

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sulphur, LA

View attachment 368128

Wow he's getting big! Nice looking tort! I like how his legs are tucked in but arms are out! HAHA

I have the same issue with the gender fluidity. 🤣 I might just keep saying she and let it known that I'm not crazy. It's really hard to change over! She's my girl!! I always sing the song "My Girl" to her. She/He doesn't know the difference! right?

ecachuh

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sulphur, LA
I feel quite certain that Matilda would embrace gender fluidity and be comfortable with all pronouns. If human, Mathilda would be a rock star drag queen who has seen a bunch of $#$!!@ in her days, and that includes flashing impertinent people like you as necessary when you get in her business

So I say keep calling her she!
Yes!!!! I agree!