That Rain gets them going for sure

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
I have been keeping the homeana and erosa in the greenhouse to the exact weather patterns of Ghanna. They sure do get rowdy when it Rains. They love it. The natural pattern of these guys in Ghanna tends to show a double rainy season with few months apart. For them the second one just started. It really gets them breeding.

Before the Rain

During and After the rain

Not to shabby when,this building doe not have AC and its 104 outside. I think I did well on this greenhouse.

TigsMom

5 Year Member
Arizona
WOW! Fantastic set up! How does the greenhouse stay cooler than outdoors? I would think it would be hotter inside the greenhouse. Perhaps the walls are super insulated? or is it your Rain system keeping it cooler? Guess I need to learn more about how Green Houses work.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Reality is, they figure when it rains you won't be clicking away with your camera and they can have some privacy! :D :p

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
It is super insulated for sure. I built it from the ground up. Ha actually where this one stands I removed a greenhouse I built 8 years ago. Been the 3rd one that I built that finally showed good results. The building is under some very large trees, and has a very large attic for good ventilation. Stays really hot in the summer too.

Jacqui said:
Reality is, they figure when it rains you won't be clicking away with your camera and they can have some privacy! :D :p

Ha yeah. Usually I have to peak in the windows. AS you can see the male tucked himself up.

TigsMom

5 Year Member
Arizona
Thank you Kelly, I've anaylzed and stared at these pictures for a lonnnnng while. Absolutley awesome! I sure hope my lotto dreams come true. That sort of building is now near the top of my wish list. With solar power so I don't have to see an electric bill for it, and rain barrels and pumping system to help with water bills. Shhhh, I'm enjoying dreaming at the moment. :)

james1974

5 Year Member
Illinois
Rain will get most species of turtles and tortoises breeding.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TortForum mobile app

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
WOW ! !

What a greenhouse you have over there. I will need to clean out my garage soon.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
It's breeding season for homeana and erosa here. Always gets the male erosas crazy. They climb over everything. They crack me up.image.jpg