Thanks Tyler!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SE Michigan
Finally got my stuff from Tyler today using the gift card from the 4,000 member raffle. Shipping got delayed, and then the UPS truck decided to arrive at 6:30pm, I was thinking it would have been earlier.

I ordered a lamp stand, herpitivite, and rep-cal. He also threw in two FREE cactus pads and a Free calcium carbonate supplement. I appreciate it!

I was opening the stand though, and noticed the Arm doesn't look like the boxes arm. I'm talking about the adjustable outwards part, not the height.

It says it extends out "12. For it to be on and not fall off the end (maximum usable distance), it only extends to 10". And even if I were to put the add-on to the fixture right next to each other (it wouldn't stay on this way) it's 11".

Is this normal? Or a product screw up? I'm going to drive to PetSmart tonight, and open a box to see if there's is like this.

This is no fault to Tyler though, just got a faulty box if the others are not like this one. Thanks again Tyler!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Congratulations Rob...on winning the raffle! Yeah! Tyler is generous when it comes to the little extras...I ordered 7 pounds of cactus with my photo contest certificate and he sent me eight and threw in two trial size jars of Zoo Med's Repti Calcium:)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Yes and when I ordered cypress mulch from him he threw in two tickets to the Las Vegas expo and rep-cal. I appreciated that. :D

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Glad you've been happy with what I've sent. I try to throw in freebiees for the TFO members (if I know you're from TFO), as well as my regular customers. Candy, does that mean you're coming for the Vegas Expo?

As far as the light stand, it's probably normal. They might just be measuring from a different point, maybe the backside of the vertical arm, or they're measuring to the tip of the hook, or to where they assume a clamp light will be, etc. I pull them out of a 6-pack box that hasn't been opened between Zoo Med and myself, so there would be no changed parts from what they package them with on my end. There are two sizes, but the one you got does claim to reach 12" out (whatever that means) right on the package. I've never physically measured them before, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.