Thank you to all. RIP lil tort.

Travillion93

I just wanted to thank everyone who provide me with information and support. Unfortunately the rescued red footed tortoise didn't make it. He only lived an additional week and a half in our care, so I have a feeling he was too far gone when he was left with us.

Once again, thank you all so much for the support. This community you have established here is truly amazing.

R.I.P little tortoise. I am so sorry your life was not dealt with in a more caring manner.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
sad, condolences.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
So sorry to hear that.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, you gave it a pretty good try. I'm sorry he didn't make it.

mikeh

5 Year Member
Ah sorry to hear this, you did all you could.

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
So sorry. I too lost a rescue after giving it my all. So sad that this little one did not make it. You gave him a really good home.

Travillion93

Thank you all for your condolences. It means a lot. Yesterday was a rough day. We also lost a bearded dragon at the rescue.
We currently have a person talking to us about helping save their cherry head red footed tortoise right now via email. They are reluctant to hand over the tortoise, wanting to do it themselves, but we have gained so much knowledge from all of you to better help this new problem at hand. I have a feeling it might be the same person who surrendered the first one to us, but at least they are taking the initiative to ask for help this time.
I'm sure you will all hear from me again, especially if I come across any questions, or heaven forbid another sick tortoise.
Best wishes to all,
Trav

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Florida
Oh my, we cant save them all unfortunately no matter how hard we try. Sorry for your loss I hope the other one gets the help it needs. :(