TFO attachment upload not working

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Wow, this cycled all the way through un-answered when I put it as a further comment with Yvonne's thread, so anew.

Yeah, so with using the TFO file upload system, images can be selected with the "choose file" button, and the image designation is shown , and when I use the "add attachment" button the screen blinks, and the place where the file designation had been - clears, and it is as if no file had been chosen.

Any idea's?

I heard that servers or something above my pay grade are being changed, but I also see other people are still uploading images, in mass.

I'll use bump to keep it on the front page, catch the right attention. If you have a fix or answer please do respond.

Will

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Well use of the word "stupid" sure does bring the moderators out with so much force people are being self deprecating and apologetic.

So maybe I am stupid, and lost how to press the buttons on my computer. Upload still works for others' on-going posts, my upload limit is 'unlimited'. Hmm, must be.

Moderate me, for calling myself stupid, PLEASE, and maybe as a side issue we can sort out fixing the upload feature.

This is babble bump.

Will :cool:

Will said:
Wow, this cycled all the way through un-answered when I put it as a further comment with Yvonne's thread, so anew.

Yeah, so with using the TFO file upload system, images can be selected with the "choose file" button, and the image designation is shown , and when I use the "add attachment" button the screen blinks, and the place where the file designation had been - clears, and it is as if no file had been chosen.

Any idea's?

I heard that servers or something above my pay grade are being changed, but I also see other people are still uploading images, in mass.

I'll use bump to keep it on the front page, catch the right attention. If you have a fix or answer please do respond.

Will

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Can you post a screenshot or copy/paste the error message you receive? Are you using the regular site or the mobile app?

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Hi, I am not getting an error message on the 'regular' site. The process and issue are as I think I expressed.

I will use the 'choose file' button in the box for attachments, the box when I view my screen is just below the Post a New Reply interactive box. I choose a file.

The selected file replaces the words "No file chosen" with the image file name.

Then I press the "Add Attachment" button to the far right of that same box.

The screen 'blinks', and then the file, that had been listed by name in the place where 'No file chosen' had been, is gone and the message 'No file chosen' re-appears.

The 'blink' has alway happened even when I have successfully uploaded images and pdfs file before.
I do not believe I have an issue in my computer, as I am able to upload image files elsewhere.

Will

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I have not been able to upload a picture for about 3 weeks, I just stopped trying. I just noticed that all my pm's say not sent, even the ones from along time ago

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
bigred said:
I have not been able to upload a picture for about 3 weeks, I just stopped trying. I just noticed that all my pm's say not sent, even the ones from along time ago

Me too on that. But some people have responded to PM's, so I'm not sure how to interpret your result, but non-the-less it's annoying.

On faunaclassifieds, I now regularly get pop-ups for 'adult' services.

It's an NSA plot to further make the internet their tool I'm sure.:p
Will

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
I'm working on the attachments issue. I think I'm on the right track.
I'll also look into the PM issue. As far as I know, PMs are still being sent.

I never go on Fauna but that's crazy if they're serving ads like that!

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
This is a test

Attachments

• IMG_20131014_130205.jpg
    IMG_20131014_130205.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 20

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Can others who have had issues please try to upload an image attachment to this thread?

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Yeah, it worked, thank you.

So this is my wild pet coyote. S/He comes and goes as S/He sees fit, no feeding, no clean-up. Constant paranoia someone might 'get upset' and the city animal control will get involved.

Will

P1040368.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Josh said:
Can others who have had issues please try to upload an image attachment to this thread?

Hey Josh I was able to upload a picture today so thank you very much for all the work that you do

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
SOOOOO jealous of your pet coyote! I've always loved those animals.

Glad attachments are working properly now! Thank you for your patience, everyone!

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Josh said:
SOOOOO jealous of your pet coyote! I've always loved those animals.

Glad attachments are working properly now! Thank you for your patience, everyone!

When I worked in the Central Valley for a poultry company, I would be out and about very early AM, and see many doing what they do, stalking about looking at everything. Not the stupid animals of "roadrunner" fame at all.

Sometimes the one in the image has a friend, they are very affectionate with each other, lots of mutual grooming and 'hanging out'. When there are the two one will sleep very soundly while the other keeps vigil.

That this one by itself was so fully asleep in such plain view was unusual.

My cat will watch (from a second floor balcony) with great interest all the activities of the coyotes. The great thing about the coyotes is they seem to keep raccoons, opossum, and skunks away. Never both within the same several hours. The local crows get pretty excited about the coyotes, often cawing at great volume when the coyote first comes to the area.

My wife has wanted to place food out there, but as we are in city limits and their are many people who live right here, and don't see the coyote, I worry, it will draw undue attention, and potential liability, should some untoward event occur.

I do get great pleasure in watching them go about there business. They are cool. No disrespect to all you sheep farmers in San Diego, etc.

Will