Tex Wasabi and Captain Jack update-lots of pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Rocklin, CA
[/font]
So I finally weighed and measured Captain Jack today. It's been a while and he's really grown. I just looked up my original post and he was so little. His measurements on 11/04/2010 were 92 grams and measured 2 7/8" in length.He's now 5" SCL and 14.05 ounces (398 g).

Here he was:
DSC01039.jpg

DSC01038.jpg

Here he is now...
IMG_1643.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

And Tex Wasabi took his first walk around our court today. I brought him out to the front yard for some "mowage" on our grass and decided to walk him a bit. He did amazing. I sort of walked with one of my feet on either side of him and he just plugged along. It was pretty cool. Here's some pics from today...
IMG_1918.jpg

For size purposes I wear a women's size 8
IMG_1919.jpg

He stopped and I took a quick pic. When we walked I walked a little bit ahead of him, not right on the sides like in this pic...
IMG_1920.jpg

Oops...I interrupted his munching.....
IMG_1913.jpg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I gotta admit those are awesome names.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Sweet pics:) I walk my sulcata up and down the sidewalk and she follows me, she stops traffic. LOL

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
It makes me soooo happy to see smooth, healthy little sulcatas. You are doing a great job with him and he's growing at similar rate to my youngin's too. Tex looks great too, but he always does.

Thanks for the update and the pics.

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
Thanks everyone for the positive comments. Thank you Tom- coming from you that means a lot to me.

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
dalano73 said:
Tex Wasabi is an awesome name, Is there a meaning to the name?
Well... my husband and I love to watch Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives and we really like Guy Fieri. One of Guy's restaurants here in Sacramento is called Tex Wasabi's. It was my husband's idea and honestly I didn't like it at first. But it's won me over now.

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
So I just weighed and measured Captain Jack again. Since April 2, 2011 he has gained almost 1 inch in SCL and almost 10 ounces in weight. Good grief that's a lot of growth. He's an eating machine! I recently purchased a 4'x6' wire enclosure with a roof and a shade- it was originally intended to be a rabbit enclosure. I've had him out there for hours and hours when it's warm enough. I've caught him grazing a few times.

M

Maggie Cummings

I so agree with Tom. What a beautiful smooth baby. I like the color change too. The more you have Tex Wasabi outside the more those pyramids will smooth out. I imagine this will be the last year he can live in the house...he's gonna be too big! Or is he living in the Log Cabin at night?

Status
Not open for further replies.