Terrible :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyler Nell

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern CA
I went to a vet listed on our vet list and I was soooo disappointed!
Carlos Lopez, DVM
Brookhurst Animal Medical Center
1301 South Brookhurst Street
Anaheim, CA 92804
Tel: (714) 776-7387
Fax: (714) 563-0144
This is where I went, it's in Anaheim California.

I only brought Franklin, since he was the worst of the 2 and didn't want to be charged twice for animals with identical symptoms.
The place was FILTHY! they had cats walking around, climbing on the front desk, all over the lobby, I was so scared one would snatch up franklin!

The room we went into was just as filthy, the nurse then told me the consultation would be 45 dollars, even though she said 36 on the phone.

The Vet spoke very broken english, and was difficult to understand.
He seemed like he did know a few things, but I was still unhappy with treatment.

I repeatedly asked what he was doing, how much he was administering, how much it would cost and what was the name of the product.

He told me, he though Franklin, had parasites, a vitamin A deficiency, annnnd a URTI. Really?
He told me, he should be "dewormed", which was the worst to watch!
He administered it orally, and was not gentle at all! he used a needle with the tip cut off, I kept asking if he could be hurt by that and he said no.

Then he wanted to administer baytril. an injection! I said "WHAT?!" have you seen how small that tortoise is? Where could you even inject it?
Following this, he agreed an injection may not be best, and told me then I could try administering the Baytril orally at home, (I was so relieved because I've done this before, and when you're gentle and patient it isn't too bad).

Then he gave him vitamin A orally, a very small amount.

Poor Franklin, he was not happy with me at all for bringing him there!
I just gave him a little pumpkin and i think he's forgiven me :)

So for those things my total was 130 DOLLARS! i couldn't even believe it!
I've never had to pay that much even when I go to the doctors. and that was for 1 tortoise only!

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone!

It just doesn't seem right that Franklin could be climbing ALL over his cage, eating like a pig and pooping regularly, but be in such a dire state.

Status
Not open for further replies.