Terrarium/Kleinmann

Kimie

Location (City and/or State)
Danmark
Would such a one be able to be used for Kleinmann's 150 x 50 x 50 I have two now from 19 and would like 2 more until I'm sure I have a pair.

Screenshot_20200922_165357.jpg

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
When you say " I have two now from 19 and would like 2 more until I'm sure I have a pair " do you mean tortoises or enclosures. Since tortoises generally do not do well in pairs with only limited exposure for things like breeding otherwise very solitary.

Kimie

Danmark
When you say " I have two now from 19 and would like 2 more until I'm sure I have a pair " do you mean tortoises or enclosures. Since tortoises generally do not do well in pairs with only limited exposure for things like breeding otherwise very solitary.

I have 2 Testudo kleinmanni from 2019 but do not know what sex there is yet. So thinking of buying two more so that it is possible for a couple some day.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It would be easier to keep the correct temperature and humidity if it were covered. I don't know anything about Kleinmani but that enclosure looks an ok size for four of them. I'll send an alert to someone who is more knowledgeable: @Kapidolo Farms

Kimie

Danmark
It would be easier to keep the correct temperature and humidity if it were covered. I don't know anything about Kleinmani but that enclosure looks an ok size for four of them. I'll send an alert to someone who is more knowledgeable: @Kapidolo Farms

I also want to find out if it's ok inside I buy it. That's why I just want to hear from you. I'm spending money on it

TeamZissou

Albuquerque, NM
According to the book by Schramm and Biedenweg, this is too small to house two fully grown Egyptians. The area of this container is 0.75 square meters. They recommend an area of 2 square meters for two specimens and slightly larger for up to 5 specimens. Something this size would probably only be good for the first few years of life.

They also recommend closed chambers to regulate heat and humidity. If you cannot seal this chamber up, It's probably not a good choice for Egyptians in Denmark.

This is an excellent book. It's recent (2019) and covers all kinds of good stuff on Egyptians. Some of the lighting recommendations are counter to what is recommended on the forum, namely, the need for large amounts of UVA via fluorescent lighting, which can contribute to pyramiding even in humid conditions. Most of the Egyptians in the book have at least some slightly raised growth.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/3000623434/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20