Terance

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasmine_1234321

5 Year Member
Hey :)
Thought I'd let you all meet Terance, he was the christmas present that I'd asked for, for so long.
He'a just 5cm at the moment, but he loves to eat, with dandelion and radish leaves being his favourite.

image-492199515.png

My best friend.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
:D What a beautifully wrapped Christmas gift! :D Hi and welcome! Is having a tortoise what you had expected it to be?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi jasmine_1234321:

What would you like us to call you?

and may we know appx. where in the world you are?

Very nice Christmas gift! I'm sure you'll have many happy times together.

jasmine_1234321

5 Year Member
Aww :) I love him.
He's say in his food bowl at the moment even though it's empty because he eats so much and I don't give him anything on weekends to compensate :)
He settled so well though and he loves his home :)
I made him bunting with his name on for around his run and he has lots of tortoise friends in the shape of toys and knitted torts that sit on the top and watch him :') x
I love my little herman
Oh and thanks everyone :)

jasmine_1234321

5 Year Member
I've spent today buying a greenhouse and planting him a few fruits and lots of leaves to eat :)

image-2594754540.png

When can I take Terance outside, just for a day to see if he likes it. He's 6 months at the moment ? Thanks x

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
jasmine_1234321 said:
He's say in his food bowl at the moment even though it's empty because he eats so much and I don't give him anything on weekends to compensate :)

I wouldn't recommend skipping food all weekend. Little tortoises need to eat every day. If you are concerned about the quantity you could just feed him the same amount that he gets for five days now and spread it out over seven days instead. Just an idea for you...

Personally, I like to let babies eat what they want, and just make sure conditions are right for good smooth growth. Outside time is great for this because they can graze all they want while getting sunshine.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
jasmine_1234321 said:
I've spent today buying a greenhouse and planting him a few fruits and lots of leaves to eat :)

Ahhh come on, we like details! :D What kind and size of greenhouse? What did you plant?

jasmine_1234321

5 Year Member
Aww thanks Tom. Thats a really good idea, really thanks :)
And jackie. It's a 4 tier little thing at the end of the garden, with radish and strawbs and tomatoes and carrots and lots of leafy greens for him to have every so often, he really loves the raddish leaves.
Thanks everyone :) xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.