Tatum's weird spots

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Just a couple pics of the couple places Tatum has decided to try out. Never did this before. In fact has never slept on this side before. So his hide was removed and put on the other side. About a month ago, I caught him on top of his hide. Didn't get a picture, paniced and took him off right away. Both these weird spots are just this last week. He will be a year next month. Is that like terrible twos or terrible teens:p Darn kids, keeps ya guessing:p
Don't know if you can notice the smooth new growth. Making the pyramiding (Darn bad info out there:() look better:D

Tatum 018.JPG
Tatum 019.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
wellington said:
DanaLachney said:
Handsome looking Fella!!

THANK YOU, I am crazy for him:D

... and maybe just a plain bit crazy, too. :p :D :D :D ...I mean seriously, ya care for a tortoise don'tcha? ;)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
wellington said:
Jacqui said:
wellington said:
DanaLachney said:
Handsome looking Fella!!

THANK YOU, I am crazy for him:D

... and maybe just a plain bit crazy, too. :p :D :D :D ...I mean seriously, ya care for a tortoise don'tcha? ;)

Yep, and it is so nice to not be lone:p:D

Yep, there are several of you crazy folks out there. :p :p :p :D :D

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
My sulcata is 2 now. In the past year he has sometimes picked a spot and dug into the sustrate and slept there instead of his hide. Then he goes back to sleeping in his hide.

Looks like the new growth is coming in smooth. Stick with what you are doing. I acquired my tortoise when he was about 8 months old. It took me about 3 or 4 months to evolve to keeping him warm and humid in a closed chamber environment. I believe it has made a big difference in his shell growth. I wasn't even close to doing all the right things and his shell has vastly improved.

Here is Chuck at one year (just about a year ago)
IMAG0439.jpg

Here he is 6 months later:
IMAG1222.jpg

And now:
IMAG1804.jpg

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Dizisdalife said:

Joe, I like how in the last picture, it almost looks like Chuck has a sunburst pattern on his front scute.

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Probably just the way the sunlight hit his shell. Or, it could be him glowing from the raspberry he found in the grass.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Dizisdalife said:
Probably just the way the sunlight hit his shell. Or, it could be him glowing from the raspberry he found in the grass.

:tort: I like the second reason best... and may his life always be filled with the knowledge there is always another raspberry just around the next grass clump. :tort:

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
wellington said:
Love the name Chuck:D

My Grand-daughter named him. I have no clue why "Chuck". When I asked her to name him it came out so quick and positive that it sounded like she had been considering it for weeks. She was only 4 years old at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.