TAGGING SULCATA

Twanderer

So our Sulcata Stevie keeps getting out (couple times) and luckily the neighbors have helped in getting him back. Dont see the poing in getting him "chipped" but thought it might be a good to maybe attach a dog tag with contact infomation and maybe a reflector in the back. He is a biggish boy (bout 30lbs) but dont want him to get hit if he gets out in teh middle of the night. Anyone ever glue or attach something to their pet?

Helyun

Location (City and/or State)
Deland Fl
Hi, I use fish tank epoxy to attach dog tags to my guys. Only use a small amount. You have to move it every 3 months so it doesn't affect their shell growth. Just soak it, I use a very wet facecloth while they're soaking. Pops off in about 30 minutes.

Twanderer

Hi, I use fish tank epoxy to attach dog tags to my guys. Only use a small amount. You have to move it every 3 months so it doesn't affect their shell growth. Just soak it, I use a very wet facecloth while they're soaking. Pops off in about 30 minutes.
I was wondering about that and even asked reptile vet but they said it wouldnt be a problem. I told her I didnt want him to end up with a belly button on his back because it would allow for the shell to grow.

Helyun

Deland Fl
I was wondering about that and even asked reptile vet but they said it wouldnt be a problem. I told her I didnt want him to end up with a belly button on his back because it would allow for the shell to grow.

Fish tank epoxy is the safest and it's very secure. .

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
A tag will not stop him from getting hit by a car, lost or stolen. You need to make the back yard secure. Put a simple plank across the gate. People can easily step over it. This way he can't get out even when the gate is open.

You could even get fancy and make a guillotine style drop-in plank so that it can easily be removed if someone needs to push a mower through or take the trash out or something. Or a hinged plank with a latch.