Table for two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrholls

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maine
I'm currently building a new tort table. Approx. 7.5ft x 2.5ft. Is this enough space for two RT's (females) if they don't get along?

Skyler Nell

5 Year Member
Southern CA
jrholls said:
I'm currently building a new tort table. Approx. 7.5ft x 2.5ft. Is this enough space for two RT's (females) if they don't get along?

Hmm if they don't get along, it's possible they still won't get along. That's a pretty big space. I would suggest creating many visual barriers within the table (ie. plants, hides, walls). I think that would give you the best chances! Good Luck :tort:

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
If Your Making it 7.5 ft long, i would make it at least 3 to 3.5 ft, so they have lots of space!
once you make it 2.5 ft your gunna wish u made it 3ft or 3.5ft
best with luck tho :)

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Are you positive that you have two females? It's very rare that female Testudo don't co-habitat well. It's very common that males don't or that a male is continually aggressive around a female. Regardless of the gender combination, 2.5' x 7.5' may or may not be large enough. It's going to depend upon how many barriers and hiding places there are within the enclosure and mostly how aggressive the dominant tortoise is.

jrholls

5 Year Member
Maine
I just wanted to clarify, I only have one female...I'm just considering a second. Hopefully they will get along (or ignore each other). I just wanted to make sure there was enough space if they don't.

Unfortunately 2.5' x 7.5' is as big as i can manage. Any tips for how I can make the transition from her current home to the new one easier for her?

IMG_0261.jpg

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I would suggest putting as much of her old enclosure into the new one (hides and stuff) that way everything isnt new to her.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
I've never known two female Russians to not get along. One may very well become dominate over the other, but with females it is usually a very mild dominance and often seasonally related only during breeding and nesting periods. On rare occasion you may run into one that is overly dominate and acts like a male would, but rarely. Males on the other hand are usually a very different story!

Status
Not open for further replies.