Sweet Anise aka Fennel

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New York
I'm going to give them a bite in a few. I'll post whether or not it was a Yes or a "are you freakin' kidding me!?"

Laura said:
mine wont touch it.. i guess they dont like licorice.. :)

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
AnthonyC said:
I'm going to give them a bite in a few. I'll post whether or not it was a Yes or a "are you freakin' kidding me!?"

Laura said:
mine wont touch it.. i guess they dont like licorice.. :)

They may have higher standards than Fenell?

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
No, I haven't tried it yet. I went to my brother's this morning to help him move some furniture & I hit the mother load of dandelions & broad leaf plantains. I gave a them a mix of that and some yellow squash and red bell pepper and forgot all about the Anise. Tonight is another feeding so I'll def try it then. Finding dandelion and broadleafs this time of year & especially after the 1st snow is like hitting the lotto! I'll let you know later... Promise!!! :)

ascott said:
Sooooo Anthony, was it a hit or a "get out of here and take that crap with you" *door slam* :D

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Awesome score.... okay I will accept your promise :D Although they may not be feeling like much of anything later if they made like piglets on the other good stuff....LOL :D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I love it when I come across a score like that. I filled (and I mean stuffed full) three grocery bags the other day with plantain, mallow, grass, sow thistle and a little clover. Lasted 3 days...

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Ooopsy! Forgot to post the verdict.
THEY LOVE IT! Tore it up! Pretty much skipped right over the dandelions, broadleafs, yellow clover (Wow, I feel like the leprechaun from Lucky Charms... and Blue Diamonds!)... anyway...
THEY LOVE IT! Just cut it into little strips. I'll try to get pics if I have time. :):)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Will have to add that to the list of things to try someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.