Super active tort! But there is a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icantdrive49

5 Year Member
Okay so ever since I put the plexiglass over Baxters enclosure the humidity has increased and the enclosure is retaining heat so that's perfect. Baxter has become super active which makes me really happy. But I have found him on his back twice! I All I have for him to climb is his little hide and I can't take that away. What should I do? He now climbs over everything! He loves to climb I guess lol

cherylim

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Leyland, UK
The best solution I've found is to work out where exactly he's climbing, and to put a slate (or similar) tile on the ground. Their back legs can't grip on tiles, so they slip back and your tortoise ends up belly-down. Wears their claws down nicely, too!

cherylim

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Leyland, UK
I'd say so. I'm UK-based and it's available in most home and DIY shops. You might also want to search online for 'tiles free samples' or something similar. A lot of kitchen and bathroom tilers will send out small squares so that people can check colour, thickness and texture so if you've not got a problem with grabbing freebies then it's worth a try!

Status
Not open for further replies.