Sunbathing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobody

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Philippines
How come lately whenever I take my 7 month old Sulcata out in the garden every morning to graze on grass,he doesn't eat anymore?All he does is lie flat with his legs spread apart and goes sunbathing.I mean,he didn't use to do this before.Well,before,he'd just sunbath for a while and then,start his grazing.Although,he doesn't look sick as he is active in his enclosure and even eats there.This only started doing this two days ago.Could anyone out there know the reason for this?
Thanks.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Nobody said:
How come lately whenever I take my 7 month old Sulcata out in the garden every morning to graze on grass,he doesn't eat anymore?All he does is lie flat with his legs spread apart and goes sunbathing.I mean,he didn't use to do this before.Well,before,he'd just sunbath for a while and then,start his grazing.Although,he doesn't look sick as he is active in his enclosure and even eats there.This only started doing this two days ago.Could anyone out there know the reason for this?
Thanks.

Have you checked your inside temps lately? (Cool side, warm side and hot spot) Has anything changed? Does he still eat a lot inside before he goes out?

Nobody

5 Year Member
Philippines
You may have a point in regards to his enclosure's temperature.You see,before last week,his enlosure was located outdoors under the sun,Now,when the UVB light which I ordered from Mega-Ray arrived last week,I relocated the enclosure of my Sulcata inside where it ie so much cooler than outside even if the UVB light(60 Watts) turned on.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Move him back outside.. real sun is SO much better and he is telling you he needs it by what he is doing...

Status
Not open for further replies.