Sun light bulbs

nathanlevi

Location (City and/or State)
California, North Hollywood, LA
My tortoises light bulb went out recently and I was wondering which bulb would work the best for him and his growth. I didn't think the last one was good because it was yellowish and he wasn't growing so well with it so if anyone can recommend me a good sun bulb that would be great.

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
They need UVA and UVB. You can find them in a combo MVB bulb, but I prefer to use them separately. I have a basking UVA bulb by Zoo-Med, and a fluorescent UVB tube by Arcadia.

Some members here use flood lamps from a local hardware store. @Tom can tell you more about them.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
They need UVA and UVB. You can find them in a combo MVB bulb, but I prefer to use them separately. I have a basking UVA bulb by Zoo-Med, and a fluorescent UVB tube by Arcadia.

Some members here use flood lamps from a local hardware store. @Tom can tell you more about them.
The flood bulbs/lamps do not have UVB. I suggest a tube flourescent for light and uvb and then add a Che if you need more heat at night and the flood bulbs can be used for more heat and light during the day.