Sulcata?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I believe it is. Not, positive. I wonder though if given the right environment and diet if it would start to grow?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Poor little thing looks so dry. I'd like to see someone like Tom get this tortoise, just so we can see what the proper care does for its future growth.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Yes, it is a sulcatas..miniature,not. There is no way it is 4 years old. Its a lot younger then that. Its very dry. Someone is just saying its small to probably get it a home quicker. Who knows...

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Chaco???

The coloration is a little unusual. I wonder if its the lighting?

If sully, I seriously doubt that its 4 years and am concerned that someone will purchase this animal thinking it'll stay tiny when it can potentially grow quite large.

I am very tempted to get this guy........

pinkspore

5 Year Member
Santa Barbara, CA
mctlong said:
Chaco???

If sully, I seriously doubt that its 4 years and am concerned that someone will purchase this animal thinking it'll stay tiny when it can potentially grow quite large.

I was just coming here to post this ad myself, somebody needs to get this little cutie and soak her.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
mctlong said:
Chaco???

I was wondering if it were a chaco too. They have pretty large leg scales and their coloration is similar to this picture. I hope someone here on the forum gets it. I'd like to see its growth progression.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
It doesn't look like the sulcatas posted here on the forum. To me looks so much rounder, higher domed, and the scutes are larger too. I'm curious now to see what it really is. Hope someone gets it and reports back.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
I emailed the owner. She's had it the full 4 years, so it sounds like this little guy is, in fact, at least 4 years old. I offered to buy it and invited her to join the forum if she decides not to sell. She seems to sincerely care about this animal and wants the best for it.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Zamric said:
ad is gone now....

Yep.

ry%3D480

I'm starting a new thread on the little guy.

I started a new thread on this little guy here: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-67895.html

Status
Not open for further replies.