Sulcata was burnt, her home went up in flames by the heat lamp please help

Kharmon1

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
My 2 year old Sulcatas heat lamp caught her plastic shed on fire while she was in it. She is burnt, she is walking with a limp and her legs and shell are burnt. I can not afford a vet bill or to even pay to get her in to be seen. Can anyone help us?

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
can you post pictures so we can see her condition in better detail

LJL1982

UK
@wellington @Tom

Can either of you advise here or recommend others who may be able to help?

OP have you considered starting a crowdfunding effort or approaching charities in the absence of funds, or approaching a vet and asking for pro bono treatment?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If we can see pics we may be able to suggest what you can do for her yourself
Otherwise you need to find a rescue that can give her the vet care she likely needs.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The tortoise will need antibiotics to make sure the burns don't get infected. A vet will also prescribe pain medication. I know you said money is tight, however, part of animal/pet ownership is providing the proper vet care when it's required, and, believe me, it IS required. Call around to different vets, ask them if they treat tortoises, then ask if it's possible for you to make payments.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Please try to do what Yvonne said, and please stay here and keep us informed. Very sorry about this.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
My 2 year old Sulcatas heat lamp caught her plastic shed on fire while she was in it. She is burnt, she is walking with a limp and her legs and shell are burnt. I can not afford a vet bill or to even pay to get her in to be seen. Can anyone help us?
Can you update us?