SULCATA TORTOISE need HELP

jeffjeff

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
cumbria england
welcome to the forum, The best advice i can offer is forget every thing you read els where and listen to the people on here. The forum has the best collection of the most up to date info available.

SGVlivin

I am bathing both my tortoises daily right now, for about 15 minutes. they really enjoy bathing. i saw my tortoise use his arms to splash water on his own shell. I let them out in the lawn to eat grass. I am going to start letting them eat the zoo med tortoise food and mazuri tortoise diet food.I will post pictures of both of them in a few weeks to see if they look any better. Also i am going to build a habitat in a few week as well.

Mark L

Glass enclosures left out in the sun get ridiculously HOT. I have a friend who's wife put 3 baby leopards outside in a 20 gal long glass tank and she killed them. They were dead when she went to check on them. Basically cooked them. Just be careful.
You found the right site to make your tortoise happy and healthy

Razan

5 Year Member
Riverside, CA
Welcome to the forum. Being a new member as well, let me just say: This forum is the jackpot of sulcata information. There are some really great people here offering information and help in every aspect of caring for your sulcata. You have found a place where dedicated folks are passionate about being helpful. We are more that lucky to have found this forum for our tortoise sake. Read lots.

Robertchrisroph

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Ukiah Ca.
You already came along way in just a short time. Great job. Keep it up. Welcome to the forum tom is a wonderful guy to learn from

Juan V

Valencia
And nobody said anything about the spinach thing??? It's ok to give them spinach once or twice a month, but they really shouldn't be eating it in huge quantities. It's nutritionally bad for their livers and stomaches !!! if you feed her off with too much spinach they will develop serious illnesses !!

SGVlivin

I bathe them everyday now for about 10-15 minutes. And I feed them ZooMed products.

Take a look at both of my sulcata tortoises. Are they looking any better from the last time i posted?

Please comment and let me know.

Also if the picture isn't clear I am sorry.

IMG_0830.JPG IMG_0829.JPG IMG_0831.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Their eyes don't look sunken in anymore (dehydrated), but the shells won't start looking any less bumpy until they get a lot more size on them.

SGVlivin

they look alot better?

I also gave them a calcium block I see them just laying on it sometimes so I am guessing they really love it.

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
They look fine. We can only see so much from the appearance of their exterior in a pic. If their care and diet routine is good, they will remain healthy and should start really growing for you in the next few months.