Sulcata Spotted in UT

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeaCrystal

5 Year Member
Animal Ark in American Fork, Utah... he's kinda lumpy but its nice to see a actual sulcata in a pet store. all i ever see is redfoots and russians... its adorable and much bigger then i have seen in real life!!!

Attachments

• sulcata.jpg
    sulcata.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 133

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utah
I saw him the other day. I stopped by there about a week ago (well, I stopped by just about every pet store that day...). From what I remember he was really expensive. I am surprised they don't try to sell him super cheap cause he's definitely getting bigger and bigger.

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
Bumpy like my 2 rescues but still a good looking guy.

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
He's a nice little chap. Wish someone would buy him though...looks like he needs more attention.

M

Maggie Cummings

He's NOT good looking, he's pyramided and on his way to getting MBD. The fact that you say he's good looking shows that you are starting to accept pyramiding as normal looking and he's NOT! He's deformed and well on his way to being sick. One of you Utans need to copy a care sheet for Sulcata and take it to them...in a couple of months he's going to look like Toby with MBD...look at him...

http://turtlerescues.com/images/Sulcata _Toby.jpg

Zack why don't you do that? You are knowledgeable about tortoises and could explain pyramiding easily...and maybe get them to lower his price and maybe add some humidity...

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
maggie3fan said:
He's NOT good looking, he's pyramided and on his way to getting MBD. The fact that you say he's good looking shows that you are starting to accept pyramiding as normal looking and he's NOT! He's deformed and well on his way to being sick. One of you Utans need to copy a care sheet for Sulcata and take it to them...in a couple of months he's going to look like Toby with MBD...look at him...

http://turtlerescues.com/images/Sulcata _Toby.jpg

Zack why don't you do that? You are knowledgeable about tortoises and could explain pyramiding easily...and maybe get them to lower his price and maybe add some humidity...

I'll see what I can do. The problem is that I don't ever go that far unless it's some special occasion. It was actually on my birthday that I went there (was going to go to the zoo, but turns out it closes early in the winter. So my wife agreed to let us stop at pet stores along the way home and we store-hopped on the drive back from Salt Lake instead of going straight home). Truthfully that was my first time there ever.

It will be a couple weeks before I'm heading that way again though. Any advice? I've never actually confronted a store so this would be all new territory for me.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Maybe you could mail the care sheet along with a letter.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Just be humble. Don't go in there with guns blazing. They'll be much more receptive is you are open and friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.