Sulcata or Desert

AZGirl

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Has yours already gone into hybernation?
Yes, we got a cold spell just before Halloween. He was already slowing down, Imhad him out for a soak in warmest part of day in sun and I guess he decided that was it. He went to sleep. I called vet to see when I took him in last fall. It was September, so I know he went to sleep in Oct of 2019 also. I didn’t know as much then as I do now, so I kind of worry more. He’ll have colder temps this year than last during his sleep. I also think I let him sleep too long last season. He woke up in early March when I was running vacuum in the room. I’m sort of afraid to check him. Esp after @socalKaren lost hers last Spring. 😢💔

Deigo

Sparks
Yes, we got a cold spell just before Halloween. He was already slowing down, Imhad him out for a soak in warmest part of day in sun and I guess he decided that was it. He went to sleep. I called vet to see when I took him in last fall. It was September, so I know he went to sleep in Oct of 2019 also. I didn’t know as much then as I do now, so I kind of worry more. He’ll have colder temps this year than last during his sleep. I also think I let him sleep too long last season. He woke up in early March when I was running vacuum in the room. I’m sort of afraid to check him. Esp after @socalKaren lost hers last Spring. 😢💔
So you keep him in your room? What do you keep him in? What temp is your room?

AZGirl

Arizona
So you keep him in your room? What do you keep him in? What temp is your room?

He is in Laundry room, dbl cardboard box sitting on a table. We don’t go in there a lot, except to do laundry. I need to get a thermometer. We are not heating that part of house and I like my house on colder side. So I cannot say for sure what temp is, but I’d say it hasn’t been over 50 since he went to sleep. Prob lowers to 40-45 when outside is 23. That’s on my list to go buy thermometer so I can be sure. It’s very cool to pretty darn cold.

last year, I know I had his temps too high, up to 60.😳 trying to do a better job this year. 💜🙏🇺🇸
We live in 5300 elevation in AZ. So gets much colder than low desert.

Deigo

Sparks
He is in Laundry room, dbl cardboard box sitting on a table. We don’t go in there a lot, except to do laundry. I need to get a thermometer. We are not heating that part of house and I like my house on colder side. So I cannot say for sure what temp is, but I’d say it hasn’t been over 50 since he went to sleep. Prob lowers to 40-45 when outside is 23. That’s on my list to go buy thermometer so I can be sure. It’s very cool to pretty darn cold.

last year, I know I had his temps too high, up to 60.😳 trying to do a better job this year. 💜🙏🇺🇸
We live in 5300 elevation in AZ. So gets much colder than low desert.
What do you put in the box?

TortoiseSupply.com