Sulcata Food- whats best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lori12386

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Florida
Olly is about 5-6 Months old. Is there a way to tell how old it really is? I have had her for a month now.... Anyways what should i REALLY be feeding her? I have been feeding her Romain daily and she has also had all sorts of other lettuces except iceberg. She loves Kale. I cant get her to eat Prickly Pear (depricked). She has never had fruit, i know they shouldn't eat a lot of fruit. And yes i say she, but i know i wont know for years! LOL. But i keep seeing post about Mazuri? I have read to only feed them greens though??? What should i really be feeding her? I want her to eat the best! Thanks!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Kale, sparingly Mazuri twice a week is good. Romaine, is okay, but go with the darker stuff and less romaine. Grass, weeds, dandelion, hibiscus, roses, rose of Sharon, mulberry, mustard greens, endive, water crest, (no flowers from a florist) Check out the tortoisetable.org. Lots of stuff listed.

lori12386

5 Year Member
Central Florida
I have tried Hibiscus leaf and flowers...She wouldnt eat it. I have also brought her outside to walk around in the yard and she didnt try to eat anything...but shes so tiny, maybe it was a jungle for her! LOL. What about collards? Im going to make a shopping list!

Can you buy Mazuri at any stores locally? Or only online? Im in Florida

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Collards are fine. Still needs to be part of a varied diet. Spring mix is a good base to start with. Then add to that. I'm not sure about where to get the Mazuri. Feed stores might carry it or pet stores. I would call around, save time and gas. You can also give some squash, and pumpkin. Not too much of that either. Maybe a little once a week to two weeks.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Look at the threads under Wellingtons signature. There is some helpful reading. You may be able to find some mazuri in the feed stores out there. Otherwise find a trusted supplier to purchase off line. Collard greens are good too..just keep trying to introduce things to her.

lori12386

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Yeah, i have been buying the spring mix bagged salads. Im gonna look into buying some Mazuri too.

jessrich87

5 Year Member
I feed the weed and flower salad mix from Carolinas Pet Supply online mixed with Mazuri, as well as orchid grass hay, wheat grass and spring mix. I feed one Mazuri pellet mixed with greens everyday. I'm hoping that's not too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.