Sulcata Breeders In MICHIGAN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanksmommy

5 Year Member
if anyone knows any good ones, please let me know...

I want to get another soon... Hank passed away, and I want another in a month or so...

jpmcclure

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Modesto (Northern) California
Correct me if I'm wrong someone but I believe many breeders here will ship hatchlings. I got Thor July 2011 via UPS (or was it FedEx). Either way, he showed up perfect and he's healthy & thriving. Check for breeders here. :)

nataliaxx3

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
I am also in need of a good breeder here in Michigan. I just dont like the idea of not seeing my tortoise before I buy. So far I found one in temperance and will be going there either this weekend or next weekend to check them out before I buy. I will let you know how it goes! www.facebook.com/evenkeels if you want to see their contact information and all the different animals they are selling.

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
Make sure that whoever you buy your Sulcata from that it is not kept dry. Make sure that they soak it once a day and do some daily sprays to keep it hydrated.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
kinda cold up there to have them as adults in teh winter... so most breeders will be south... Id contact a rescue... see if they will ship to you.. Long Island is always looking for home for thiers..

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
There is a great breeder in MI. He's a forum member and his username is kbaker. He starts them right and his prices are good. Plus he can give you lots of advice about keeping them in the frozen north. Do a search for him and send him a PM and email. Good luck.

If that doesn't work out one of the rest of us can ship you one. Just read the thread in my signature titled "hatchling failure syndrome" first. Most people keep them too dry and don't start them well. They simulate the African dry season, which babies hide underground from, when they should be simulating the African rainy season, which wild babies are actually born into. Chronic dehydration for babies can be fatal, and it often takes months for it to finally kill them. Don't buy one that has been housed on rabbit pellets and soaked once a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.