Sulcata Bedding

Location (City and/or State)
SPRING HILL
I have a sulcata tortoise, for bedding I usually use repti bark from petco but the price went sky high recently and he has a huuuge encloser .I recently seen on forums that orchid bark is good. Is orchid bark from lowes ok ? Jw

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I have a sulcata tortoise, for bedding I usually use repti bark from petco but the price went sky high recently and he has a huuuge encloser .I recently seen on forums that orchid bark is good. Is orchid bark from lowes ok ? Jw
Repti bark = orchid bark = fir bark.

You can use the stuff from the hardware store as long as it is plain fine grade orchid bark with no additives of any kind. Read the ingredients on the back.

You can also find the repti-bark on Chewy.com cheaper too.

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
I have a sulcata tortoise, for bedding I usually use repti bark from petco but the price went sky high recently and he has a huuuge enclosure .I recently seen on forums that orchid bark is good. Is orchid bark from Lowe's ok ? Jw
So I looked at the Packaging front and back, and there is NO mention of any fertilizer or additives to the mix.
It mentions after re-potting to water and fertilize the orchid, so . . I my opinion it would be acceptable....to answer your question.