Success!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scooter

For as long as I can remember my grandma has been afraid of tortoises lol. We live in Florida and gopher tortoises would come into her yard all the time for the free buffet she provided. Every time one showed up though she would literally run into the house till it left the yard. So I have been slowly trying to get her over her fear by bringing my tortoises to see her. She has been fine with them in the yard as long as they didn't walk towards her lol. This Sunday I took Thor to her house and when I showed him to her she reached out and petted his head and called him cute. Then when I put him down she went over to him and was looking at him. Then to my surprise she reached down and picked him up and just held him for a few minutes. I was flabbergasted lol.

IMG_1726.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Scooter

Yes I think once he gets bigger she will not be so affectionate toward him lol. I had him on the table and he walked toward her and even at his size she still tensed up and was not to comfortable with him coming toward her but she picked him up and faced him the other way lol. Its a small step but a very good one :D

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
We all have our "weaknesses" when it comes to fearing harmless creatures.

Have we talked about Roachman's huge cockroaches? :D

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
FL
Aww what a great story :) Maybe if she sees him regularly and watches him grow she won't be afraid of him when he's big ?
That's how my mother was when I got pet rats. She thought the tiny hamster-sized rat babies were adorable...and by the time they were full-grown she was used to them :D

Status
Not open for further replies.