stubborn stars

rest7773

i need some help with my stars. The pet store i got them frm raised them on a diet of fremch beans okra and tomatoes which r a big no. I have got the food they need like hibiscus prickly pear lots of grass and other weeds. the problem is they do not eat the good stuff. i have tried the mixing the good with the bad and finely chopping them bt they ignore it completely or eat very less. they do not eat for weeks until i give them the things they want. so what should i do. 2 months have passed and the struggle is still going on. Any advice will be well appriciated.

G-stars

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Inches? Just making sure these aren't hatchlings.

I would only offer them the good foods. They won't starve. Once they get hungry enough they will eat.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Inches? Just making sure these aren't hatchlings.

I would only offer them the good foods. They won't starve. Once they get hungry enough they will eat.
This seems to be true in theory, however it's not always true when it comes to putting it into practice, believe me. The fact that torts can put up with hunger can make them stay without food till they get what they want.;) Indeed, they are STUBBORN. :p

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
This seems to be true in theory, however it's not always true when it comes to putting it into practice, believe me. The fact that torts can put up with hunger can make them stay without food till they get what they want.;) Indeed, they are STUBBORN. :p

From my experience it is true. Not just in theory. They will eat foods once they are hungry enough. It may just take longer than we as humans can tolerate them to see them without food.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
That is the fault of the human not the tortoise.

rest7773

when i hand feed them i manage to make them eat little strands of hibiscus leaves and after two bites they come to knw the difference and just ignore it completely...and this was the fault of the human..u r right. now i use french beans as a bait while i hand feed them sneak in 2 hibiscus leaves like 1 bite french beans 5 bites hibiscus.