Stray B Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Yep.. got a call at the end of my shift.. some guys cat just chased a large horned lizard into their backyard. It was displaying and all big and scary.. what do they do!? Can you catch it and put it in a box? I'll meet you at the shelter.. they did.. nice size beardie.. However.. No proper place to put it.. I went to day to see it.. they did try to heat it.. but its in a cat carrier.. the only food it had was hwat I fed it the night before. Old. dirty water.. I grated some carrot and he dove on it.. the staff thought I was crazy.. Carrot?? they eat crickets.. SO.. I printed out a care sheet... shared my grapes with it before i left and wished him luck.. no heat at night.. and what really irks me.. well one of the things.. of many... is the New way they answer the phone, Its laughable and ive said so.. " Thank you for calling the 'blank'Spca, your local experts in animal welfare, this is 'susy' how may i help you'. Experts! HA! welfare.. HA! an expert would know how to properly care for the animals inthier care!!!!!!!!!!! But I need my job and so i just trudge forward and print out info and try to educate them as best i can... sigh....
he needs a home if owners dont come for it..

Status
Not open for further replies.