Nice Date with a bad ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
Last night I had a great time with Whitney. We had a nice dinner in Laguna Beach, walked around the downtown area. After I dropped Whitney off three blocks down the street a cat darts in front of my car. It happened so fast I didn’t even know what I hit until I pulled over. The cat sat up but couldn’t stand so I put him in my car and took him to the 24hr animal hospital, seems I broke his hip and one back leg. Well the cat is going to be fine.

Tomorrow night I fly to Sacramento for the week and my neighbor lady friend Nancy will take care of my cat Lincoln and the torts, she’s also going to keep the wounded cat at her place and take care of him and place fliers in the area to help try to find the owner. He wasn’t wearing a collar, and no nametag. I hope it turns out the cat just escaped for the night and allowing it to walk the streets at isn’t norm.

I swear I had nightmares about hitting that cat all night.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Awww Rich
I am so sorry :( I know it must be a horible feeling but please, don't beat yourself up because you did the right thing, you bring him to the vet and he is going to be fine.
If you do not find his owner, are you going to keep him?
I am glad to hear you had fun with your date :D

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
Isa said:
Awww Rich
I am so sorry :( I know it must be a horible feeling but please, don't beat yourself up because you did the right thing, you bring him to the vet and he is going to be fine.

Thanks Isa. There is no way I could keep him, my cat Lincoln is 11 years old and does not get along with other kitties. When I first moved here there was a stray cat that would come in my back yard and sit in front of the sliding glass door and Lincoln would go wild trying to get through the glass just to get a hold of that cat. That lasted about two months then the stray disappeared. Either the owners found him or the coyotes got to him.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
richalisoviejo said:
Isa said:
Awww Rich

Thanks Isa. There is no way I could keep him, my cat Lincoln is 11 years old and does not get along with other kitties. When I first moved here there was a stray cat that would come in my back yard and sit in front of the sliding glass door and Lincoln would go wild trying to get through the glass just to get a hold of that cat. That lasted about two months then the stray disappeared. Either the owners found him or the coyotes got to him.

Lincoln is a lucky cat :). I really hope you will find a good home or the owner of the little one. And I hope the owner found the other stray cat.
Keep us updated :)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Well Rich that turned out to be a very expensive date. Sorry that you hit the cat. Most people would not have stopped and taken it right to the vet. I'm glad the outcome is good for the cat and I'm sure you'll find a home for it if not you could contact the rescue's and tell them your story I'm sure they could help you. Good luck with your trip to Sacramento (maybe you'll see Laura there :p) . Be safe.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Im near Sac but not.. :)
I had a cat that ended up with a broken pelvis.. she healed. its amazing what cats can do with assistance.
Rich, you could have dropped the cat off as a good samaritan. most places allow that, still care for the cat and no money out of your pocket. you did SO muc more then the average joe.. THANK YOU!!

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Aw Rich I know the feeling - I've hit a bird before, did more damage to my car than I did to it - but it was fine, I took it to the vet as well. I am SO glad to hear kitty will be ok, I know how it breaks your heart - thanks for having a big heart :D Most people wouldn't!

Status
Not open for further replies.