Star Torts Humidity/Enclosure Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ansh

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cambridge, UK
I took a photo this morning of my stars during their daily soak. As you can see, one of them is smooth and the other bumpy. I tried to take a close-up to demonstrate the new growth coming out smooth. Don't know if you can see it. I admit there is a fair degree of subjectivity. I suppose time will tell!

ImageUploadedByTortForum1375047290.379567.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

skottip

10 Year Member!
Florida
I live in South Florida and I have raised Indians and Burmese Stars from hatchlings to adults and produced babies from both sub species.
I am a firm believer that if you raise them from hatchlings, you can never have too much humidity. Of course if it is wet and cold, that is a different story. "cold" being below 50 degrees..
Same thing with Leopards. I have raised hatchlings to adulthood with no problems whatsoever. Try doing that with an import and you have an expensive ashtray.

shanu303

5 Year Member
India
Ansh said:
I took a photo this morning of my stars during their daily soak. As you can see, one of them is smooth and the other bumpy. I tried to take a close-up to demonstrate the new growth coming out smooth. Don't know if you can see it. I admit there is a fair degree of subjectivity. I suppose time will tell!

that is a descriptive comparison indeed..... thanks for sharing your research/findings.....

Status
Not open for further replies.