Sprouts..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teodora'sDAD

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
I just recently started to grow sprouts for my baby sulcata. She LOVES them and they appear to be very easy to eat. I am a little concerned about her ingesting the shell of the seed that sometimes stay attached to the young root of the sprout. Should i worry? Does anyone know if the shell from the seed may cause a compaction or not? let me know :) and thanks!

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
Tortoises are one of nature's ways of seed distibution. I don't think seed husks will cause major issues. Then again, I'm no expert. I would think a little roughage in their diet is good for their digestive tracts, anyways.

Teodora'sDAD

5 Year Member
Michigan
pfara said:
Tortoises are one of nature's ways of seed distibution. I don't think seed husks will cause major issues. Then again, I'm no expert. I would think a little roughage in their diet is good for their digestive tracts, anyways.

Thanks for the feedback.. Im on the same page with you. I just wanted to really make sure.

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
No prob! See what others say, but with adequate hydration at all times, I don't think *some* husks will clog the system.

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
Unless they are consuming a pile of straight seed, especially a pile of straight seed that swells heavily with moisture, I would not express any excessive concern.

All good.

Sprouts are great for youngling grazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.