Spring in Corvallis

M

Maggie Cummings

It was 90 degrees today and I put the sprinkler on Bob's grass because it was so dry. I swear this is true...he jumped up in the air, clicked his heels and ran under the sprinkler immediately. He did try to throw mud up onto his carapace, but it was still water at that point...I love watching him do this stuff. Does anyone else's big Sulcata get 'caught' under the sprinkler? When he feels the drops on his back he does a hootchie cootchie dance and seems unable to get out of the water. He moves his butt back and forth rapidly, sometimes falling off his back legs. He also grunts really loud when he settles down in the puddle. He stayed under the sprinkler for about a half hour. I also filled up his pool, he got in it right away but I was trying to fix my air conditioner, so noIMG_1987.JPG IMG_1985.JPG photos of that. But tomorrow I'll get some as he plays submarine. He puts his whole body and head under the water and stays for a looonnnng time. In the first picture here you can see the one big foot trying to fling the water up onto his back...

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
It was 90 degrees today and I put the sprinkler on Bob's grass because it was so dry. I swear this is true...he jumped up in the air, clicked his heels and ran under the sprinkler immediately. He did try to throw mud up onto his carapace, but it was still water at that point...I love watching him do this stuff. Does anyone else's big Sulcata get 'caught' under the sprinkler? When he feels the drops on his back he does a hootchie cootchie dance and seems unable to get out of the water. He moves his butt back and forth rapidly, sometimes falling off his back legs. He also grunts really loud when he settles down in the puddle. He stayed under the sprinkler for about a half hour. I also filled up his pool, he got in it right away but I was trying to fix my air conditioner, so noView attachment 80151 View attachment 80152 photos of that. But tomorrow I'll get some as he plays submarine. He puts his whole body and head under the water and stays for a looonnnng time. In the first picture here you can see the one big foot trying to fling the water up onto his back...
Maggie: You forgot to describe how Bob did his heel kick. Bob was doing it by standing on his head. Right?? LOVE IT! ! !

I saw my Sulcata spinning once in a pool of water. It is so funny.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Maggie...I didn't know that Bob has his own movie...comes out Friday :p

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Fricken funny Maggie....I think Dean has hit the nail on the head....I believe Bob is Godzilla reincarnated.....lol...go Bob Go!!!!! If I close my eyes, I can hear him now......

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Nice to see bob enjoying life.

M

Maggie Cummings

If I close my eyes, I can hear him now......

He does not usually make noise, but this was loud and echoed, like in an empty space. And I know he's well fed so there's no empty space inside there, (except maybe his brain sometimes). I do know I am too attached to this tortoise. He just fills my day with what ranges from irritation to pure enjoyment. My family wants me to send him on to his next keeper so they aren't responsible for it when I die, but that ain't happenin any time soon...:):):)