Spotted These This Morning

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Found 4 more hatchlings today after running the sprinkler for a couple hours.DSCF1389 9 23 15.jpg I have their nursery area ready for them so I just put them in it with the others from this year. We were in the mid 80s today but the nights are cool and the sun wont hit where their winter enclosure is located until the leaves fall off the maple trees, that usually happens a little before Thanksgiving. I don't expect them to stay active very long so I might not see them until next spring.

Attachments

• DSCF1391 9 23 15.jpg
    DSCF1391 9 23 15.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 23

Len B

10 Year Member!
spotted 2 more hatchlings this afternoon about 2 hours apart, The first one has 3 white spots on top that made it stand out when in the sunlight. Also the smallest one so far.DSCF1424 copy.jpg The 2nd was acting as if it was trying to get away when taking the pic, very active little fellow.DSCF1430 copy.jpg

Len B

10 Year Member!
A few more showed themselves this morning. This nest had one live hatchling and one egg not fully developed..DSCF1439 copy.jpgThis one had 4 hatchlings with one of them still in the eggDSCF1440 copy.jpgFound one on the other side of the pond wandering around. Here they are, the one in the egg will probably be out by tomorrow.DSCF1445 copy.jpg

Alaskamike

South Florida
Its so interesting to see new babies, and makes me wonder if i'll ever see any in my box turtle enclosure. I have so many hiding spots in there it is not likely I would even spot a nest.

Winter is coming (what passes for winter in South Florida LOL), but maybe next Summer.....
cute