[split] sad news

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggknawg

5 Year Member
:tort: baby ray charles died today found him at the bottom of the tank, thought he was just sleeping but turns out he was gone

-Zac

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I'm sorry to hear that, Zac.

eggknawg

5 Year Member
I meant to send this post to a vet on here that i went to named "exoticsdr" but i guess i didnt do it correctly, to answer your questions (sorry it took so long) it was a baby RES that i had won at the fair and we thought it was blind (swollen eyes, would never open them) we took it to an exotics vet and we found out and fixed the problem and he was doing fine for about a week then one day he just passed. I still have the other 2 (RES and YBS) from the fair and they are doing perfectly fine *we thought since they were Fair Turtles that they wouldnt last long but now they've shown they are 100% healthy.

*Question* My YBS is a tad bit bigger than my RES, and the YBS (yellow bellied slider) always snaps at the smaller RES in attempt to grab his food, is this normal or do i have an over-aggressive aquatic turtle? YBS always bites my fingers when i hand feed him (he thinks its food) while the RES gently grabs the food out of my hand. ALSO the YBS always stands on top of the smaller RES to bask which i thought was weird, what's up with that??

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
So sorry! I don't know the answer to your question but I am sure someone will reply soon.
Again, sorry for your loss.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
eggknawg said:
I meant to send this post to a vet on here that i went to named "exoticsdr" but i guess i didnt do it correctly, to answer your questions (sorry it took so long) it was a baby RES that i had won at the fair and we thought it was blind (swollen eyes, would never open them) we took it to an exotics vet and we found out and fixed the problem and he was doing fine for about a week then one day he just passed. I still have the other 2 (RES and YBS) from the fair and they are doing perfectly fine *we thought since they were Fair Turtles that they wouldnt last long but now they've shown they are 100% healthy.

*Question* My YBS is a tad bit bigger than my RES, and the YBS (yellow bellied slider) always snaps at the smaller RES in attempt to grab his food, is this normal or do i have an over-aggressive aquatic turtle? YBS always bites my fingers when i hand feed him (he thinks its food) while the RES gently grabs the food out of my hand. ALSO the YBS always stands on top of the smaller RES to bask which i thought was weird, what's up with that??

I am pretty sure it's normal for turtle's to pile on top of each other while basking. The YBS might be bullying, but I don't have much experience with turtles.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
What a way to join a forum. We all feel your pain of loss. I would separate your turtles if the bullying continues. Even if it stops, I'd still separate them because u should never mix two different species together (that is, if the RES and the YBS are different species). Hope this helps.

eggknawg

5 Year Member
Separating them won't happen haha! I just bought a 75 gallon tank and they better learn to love each other. Tomorrow i will set up the tank/filter/lights/etc and post pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.