Spell Check ....How cool!

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Ok ... so I had to get a new PC the other day which included Windows 8 . I downloaded the new office addition ...........
Low and behold all of my posts in the Forum are now spell checked? and can be corrected! Is this new for the Forum or is it the new software I'm running? Nevertheless a life saver for me , as I can't spell nor write well ....this new capability my friends is a great asset. :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Holy cow Jeff. Your not that old. How did you not have spell check. I guess maybe it's a good thing that old PC took a poop:).
All post can be corrected by the op for a certain amount of time. I think 1/2 hour. After that, you need to ask a mod too do it. Now, if your able to go back through old post and correct them, well then my friend, as fas as I know, your the only one that can do that, that's not a mod.:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's probably just automatic with the new programs. In older versions, you had to choose for the computer to correct your spelling. If you didn't know where to look to find it, then you never chose the function.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
:( I dont have spell check....

Thanks J' ....I didn't think I was that Koo Koo .....in the old windows Vista* with word.....I was only able to see/correct when in a word Doc. ...not a forum setup . Again I'm stoked as this will help hopefully with my poor spelling.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Jacqui said:
:( I dont have spell check....

I'd be willing to bet that if you told Cameron what operating system and browser you use he'd be able to tell you where to look to find the spell check function on your programs.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
yes but is it cited info? .......ha ha ha :p

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Actually 2014 fresh start and amends with Mr. Cameron, who is very smart in the pc world....:)

and thanks Yvonne for seeing the humor and not erasing my response this time~:p