Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedyKae

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Garden Grove
Hello Tortoise lovers! :D

Names Debbie. :] Orange County, CA

I had no idea about tortoise till about a year ago when my brother brought home 4 desert tortoise and every since them i have been doing the best research that i can and been taking care of them. i have officially fallen in love with my tortoises but now i have to give them away cause i have moved into a apartment and don't have a big enough space for them when they are awake from hibernation. I've been trying to convince my parents to let me get a cage and smaller tortoise but its a "NO!" also no pets allowed at the apartments. sigh :(

Also i've been trying to figure out what kind of desert tortoise they are but still haven't figure them out. can you help me out too. im guessing LADY, BULLY, and BABY are yellow foot tortoise but im not sure. THANK YOU

hopefully someday i will be able to be a mother of another set of tortoise until then i will be on here to adore everyone else's tortoise :] ;):D

SPEEDY
IMG_20111026_123939.jpg

IMG_20111026_124044.jpg

LADY
IMG_20111026_125532.jpg

IMG_20111026_125600.jpg

BULLY
IMG_20111026_124158.jpg

IMG_20111026_123902.jpg

BABY
IMG_20111026_125452.jpg

IMG_20111026_125505.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Debbie:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

When I read your other thread in the "adoptions" section I was pretty sure all the tortoises were desert tortoises (Gopherus agassizii), but now you've made me doubt myself. They're definitely NOT yellowfoot tortoises, but they MIGHT be chaco...but I'm still sticking with all of them are desert tortoises.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Beautiful....I am with Yvonne on this one....desert tortoise.

If you are in a spot and can not find them housing before your last moment then you can also contact your local CTTC and they will be able to assist you.....If you can not get assistance there then please PM me and I will be happy to help them out.....I may not be able to keep them for life but will be able to care for them until they find a permanent home.....please contact CTTC first in your area (as you have a consistent temp there that is now a bit more desirable than up here in the desert (i know that sounds dumb but with the weather changes the last couple of years the freezing night temps coupled with rain= not a great as there) oh, IMHO that is.... just pm me if you should find you need to, okay? :p

SpeedyKae

5 Year Member
Garden Grove
Thank you for the warm welcome and the help :]

now i know where to kill time when im bored at work

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Welcome! Is your brother wanting another sister, if so, I am available for adoption to a brother who brings home such great gifts! :D Sorry you have to get rid of them. :(

SpeedyKae

5 Year Member
Garden Grove
Jacqui said:
Welcome! Is your brother wanting another sister, if so, I am available for adoption to a brother who brings home such great gifts! :D Sorry you have to get rid of them. :(

hahaha i wouldnt mind having another sister. join the family maybe we can convince him for more great gifts

Status
Not open for further replies.