Species?? CL ad

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Baby Galapagos. So I'm just going to say it's a scam. Babies fetch 4-5k so a small rejoining fee wouldn't be so. Especially for a galap. Somebody should see what they want. It also could be a USFW sting to violate the Lacey act. But I'd be betting it's a scam.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Baby Galapagos. So I'm just going to say it's a scam. Babies fetch 4-5k so a small rejoining fee wouldn't be so. Especially for a galap. Somebody should see what they want. It also could be a USFW sting to violate the Lacey act. But I'd be betting it's a scam.
This is exactly what I thought. That's why I posted this, to hear what others say.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Ok sorry saw the other 2 pics. That's an Aldabra. The 1st pic(which I thought was the only only one) showed eyes set like a galap. But that's an Aldabra. At least from my phone it is. Ha.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Ok sorry saw the other 2 pics. That's an Aldabra. The 1st pic(which I thought was the only only one) showed eyes set like a galap. But that's an Aldabra. At least from my phone it is. Ha.
Yeah, but either way it's a scam.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yeah I can't tell on my phone. It's probably a scam either way. Both Aldabra/Galapagos just don't get rehomed. I'm curious to find out what they say though.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I thought it was an Aldabra too and for sure a scam. Even a complete idiot could find out that this is not a box turtle, or whatever they called and that it is a very expensive Aldabra. After all, we do know they have Internet.
You should respond, just too see what they say. You know, play with them a bit and get them excited that they have a bite. Then slam them with knowing they are scammers and also spam them on the CL.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Okay, I'm in the mood to jerk around someone, so I called them. No one answered, but I did leave a message and my phone number. I will let ya know when and what I hear from them.

tglazie

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, TX
We are very fortunate to have someone like you on this forum, Wellington. Those scammers need to be put in their place.

T.G.

M

Maggie Cummings

I have heard plenty about this scam before....it's been going on for a while. Isn't it again some sort of federal law , sort of like using the phone to make a deal? Bringing girls across state lines for nothing good, all that's against some law. This scam must be too... There's got to be an organization to work on that and get'em.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
We are very fortunate to have someone like you on this forum, Wellington. Those scammers need to be put in their place.

T.G.

Haha, thanks, but I just like jerking with these people. Its fun and it lets me release some of my German temper:p:D
You should hear me with the telemarketers.:D

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Hahaha, If I had either of those tortoise I would sell one of my lungs before I just 'rehomed' them... I hope they call back :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hahaha, I just clicked on the add and it has been deleted. Geez, I didn't even get to play. I guess someone else beat me too it. I'm sure I won't hear from them.