Southern oak leave tree toxic?

Johnnny

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
I just plant a southern oak tree on my back yard with out searching if its toxic to my sulcatas tortoises does any one know?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
All oak leaves are toxic when green. They lose some of their toxicity when they turn brown and fall off. Most of the time tortoises won't eat oak leaves, but it is a risk.

Johnnny

Texas
All oak leaves are toxic when green. They lose some of their toxicity when they turn brown and fall off. Most of the time tortoises won't eat oak leaves, but it is a risk.
Not taking any risk i just removed that one and get my self a non toxic tree thank you for the advice and letting me know......

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Not taking any risk i just removed that one and get my self a non toxic tree thank you for the advice and letting me know......
I highly recommend fruitless mulberry. Full shade and lots of good food in summer, full sun in winter.

Johnnny

Texas
I am not knowledge in plants but thank you so much for the advised am going to ask at my local nursery....thank you

S2G

AL
I have dried live oak. No issues at all except hiding. I wouldnt do green20210314_140419.jpg