some one need to help this box turtle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masin

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
North Florida
For God sake, why are people in this country trading animals still? And why are people receiving anything as payment they can't use?
This poor fella. Praying he finds a home soon.

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
Masin said:
For God sake, why are people in this country trading animals still? And why are people receiving anything as payment they can't use?

I don't have any problem with trading animals as long as both parties are good owners and take care of their pets. But yeah, why would anyone accept a turtle as payment?

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Mgridgaway said:
Masin said:

I don't have any problem with trading animals as long as both parties are good owners and take care of their pets. But yeah, why would anyone accept a turtle as payment?

I cant believe the way he's being kept right now. And a "cherry box turtle"? I hope he gets saved real quick. I dont get it either, if you have no experience with turtles, why take one for payment? I know nothing about cars, doesnt mean I'm going to accept someone paying me with an engine rather than cash lol.

Masin

5 Year Member
North Florida
Eweezyfosheezy said:
I cant believe the way he's being kept right now. And a "cherry box turtle"? I hope he gets saved real quick. I dont get it either, if you have no experience with turtles, why take one for payment? I know nothing about cars, doesnt mean I'm going to accept someone paying me with an engine rather than cash lol.

Right? I can't imagine just taking whatever they had as payment, this is something my Grandfather might of done but he had an excuse, he was an old hillbilly with nothing better to do than hoard odd things.

CyberianHusky

10 Year Member!
Portland Oregon
Wish I would of saw this earlier I live in Portland and would of swooped in and saved him. Often check craigslist for torts-n-turts and surprised this got past me. As for taking payments with pets thats horrible doesnt he know children are the new barter pets (just kidding there). The "No use for it!" comment definitely pushed me over the edge.

Blessed3x

5 Year Member
Being nosy and wanting to see what you all were talking about I tried to look
at the add, must be gone the owner deleted the ad. Hope it got a really good home.

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
I'm so glad there are people out there who keep an eye on CL and are ready to "swoop in" and save animals in trouble to make sure they end up in a good place. I hope wherever this little one ended up he'll be loved and cared for well.

Camirdra

5 Year Member
WA
Here's another in Oregon

Just curious, as I've never seen a redfoot in person, doesn't it look REALLY swollen at the tail/vent?! Look awful to me but I could be mistaken... Is that normal? If not someone should rescue it also.

Someone should just start a thread with craigslist torts needing to be rescued here.... just a thought...

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/pet/3303707192.html

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
Camirdra said:
Here's another in Oregon

Just curious, as I've never seen a redfoot in person, doesn't it look REALLY swollen at the tail/vent?! Look awful to me but I could be mistaken... Is that normal? If not someone should rescue it also.

Someone should just start a thread with craigslist torts needing to be rescued here.... just a thought...

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/pet/3303707192.html

Something looks seriously wrong with it! Unless it like plopped out an egg a second after the picture was taken!

Status
Not open for further replies.