Some baby Geckos serious DUW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albinoboidsetc

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NC
These are some of my favorite hatchlings of this year and some of my holdbacks from last year.

I'll start with this years

Super Raptor or albino Supersnow, need to wait till it gets bigger to know for sure
DSCF2587.jpg

Enigma APTOR
DSCF2586.jpg

RAPTOR
DSCF2584.jpg

Albino EnigmaReverse Stripe
DSCF2583.jpg

Albino Mack Snow poss Giant
DSCF2582.jpg

Mack Super Snow
DSCF2580.jpg

Reverse Stripe
DSCF2579.jpg

Reverse Stripe
DSCF2578.jpg

Mack Snow Eclipse
DSCF2575.jpg

Snake Eyed NOVA
DSCF2572.jpg

Sunglow Enigma
DSCF2571.jpg

Some from last year

Poss Super Giant het APTOR
DSCF2594.jpg

Poss Super Giant het Raptor
DSCF2593.jpg

Albino Enigma Stripe het Raptor
DSCF2592.jpg

My Sunglow twins, these girls came out of the same egg. :)
DSCF2591.jpg

DSCF2590.jpg

Well thats all the pics for today :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What is DUW?

Nice geckos.

Please tell me you have a roach collection to feed all those. If not, I'll send you some.

Albinoboidsetc

5 Year Member
NC
DUW is Dial up Warning. For those people who still have dial up a bunch of pics take forever to show lol.

Yep I have a Dubia colony :) and they get fresh protein, grains, and veggies as well as a prepared roach diet from Roach Man. It's sad, even my roaches eat healthier then I do lol

They are the last picture here http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-16872.html

hali

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
love the spotty ones - my mum and dad live in cyprus and we love sitting watching them in the evenings on the patio. They have just ordered 2 hermans - am trying to get them to join the forum

Madortoise

5 Year Member
hali said:
love the spotty ones - my mum and dad live in cyprus and we love sitting watching them in the evenings on the patio. They have just ordered 2 hermans - am trying to get them to join the forum

How cool is that they get to see them in their natural habitat (and the porch). :cool: Do they come into the house at all?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Dial up? is that some sort of code word? I don't think anyone knows what it means.

Albinoboidsetc

5 Year Member
NC
hali said:

Where is Cyprus? This type of gecko actually comes from over in and near Pakistan.

dmmj said:
Dial up? is that some sort of code word? I don't think anyone knows what it means.

Dial up is for Dial up internet, as in through the phone line, not through cable, like in ancient times lol. Some people still have it, not many but some do. Unfortunatly for those people when there are alot of picture it takes them forever to load a page up.

If you never had dial up you are lucky. I remember when the cable modems first came out. it was a great day. Almost as great as my first 1 gig hard drive that there was no way I would ever fill up.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You'll get to understand Dmmj's sense of humor eventually. I'm sure he was just being funny! (as usual)

Albinoboidsetc

5 Year Member
NC
I was hoping that he was joking, I was starting to feel old. But I have actually met people who had no idea what dial up was.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Albinoboidsetc said:
I was hoping that he was joking, I was starting to feel old. But I have actually met people who had no idea what dial up was.

You think that is bad, I am only 35 and I feel old when I talk to my cousins about the before remote control time for the TV, they look at me like I am a caveman.

Albinoboidsetc

5 Year Member
NC
A friend of mines kids asked me what a color TV was. I used to have a little b/w TV that got all of 3 channels and it was wonderful lol. Now I have 30 something inch and 72 inch LCD with 200+ channels and rarely turn it on. go figure

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
How many of you would be interested in a spin-off of TFO dedicated to Geckos?

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
Excuse my ignorance, but is there a system to the naming or are they called by whatever they look like?

Very pretty though. The 1 year olds surprised me with how much beefier they are than the young ones.

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
PeanutbuttER said:
Excuse my ignorance, but is there a system to the naming or are they called by whatever they look like?

It's simple, but kind of hard to explain... There are different morphs and basically whoever 'designs' the morph through selective breeding or recessive traits that pop up, they get to name it. You'll find leopard geckos have morph names ranging from NOVA, BEE, Tremper albino (man who originated it), Bell albino (man who originated it), enigma, etc. But, you've also got morphs named by how they look, such as tangerine, patternless, hypo (less spottings), snow (white and black), stripe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.