SoCal's in the House!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctomaselli

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
Hello everyone,

Well, my name is Corinne and I have been reading alot of posts on here for the last couple weeks trying to intake as much information as I can learn. My 15 year old daughter decided she wanted a tortoise for Christmas and so my hubby and I decided to take the plunge. I had a tortoise when I was real young so I do not know much about them. I just remember how it died when a few punks broke into our home and decided to hit the tortiose with the bat and cracked the shell. It died within a few days. Besides that, I am hopefully a more knowledgable tortoise person due to this forum.

I am excited to say that our new arrival will be here tomorrow. I am ecstatic and anxious but yet so nervous. We decided to get a baby hermann and I really hesitated on a baby due to many heartaches I read here but my daughter had her heart set on one so I went in the baby direction. I am going to post pictures in the enclosure section and I am hoping to get as much criticism as possible from all you experts on things I should include or move etc. All your help is very important to me so I can get a good nights sleep tonight. Thanks for hearing my story and I will hear from you in the enclosure section!!:D

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Welcome I am in S. Ca. too. I am in Ramona N.E. of San Diego

JohnathanO

5 Year Member
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Welcome.

Good for you for doing your research and setting up your enclosure before getting the tortoise.

I have zero experience with Hermann's but I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding answers to any questions you may have from the experts here.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
welcome to the forum, enjoy your visit, yes I am another So Cal member.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Corrine:

Welcome to the forum!!

LindaF

5 Year Member
Welcome. We sound a lot alike. In April we got a baby red foot as a birthday present for my 12 year old. It is all she wanted and she had been nagging for a couple of years. At this time I won't even pretend the tortoise is hers. It is all mine but in her name. I just hope she remembers when I am dead and gone, Sir Tuck is truly hers. I am sure she will. Best wishes on your new baby and I hope you daughter is very happy.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
This is GREAT! The SoCal Invasion is on...WELCOME! :)

ctomaselli

5 Year Member
SoCal
Thank you all so much for the welcomes. It is great to be a part of this group and a tortoise member. I am grateful to have a place to go to for all my questions. It's kind of like a "what to expect when your expecting" place. It was much needed on my end. I hope to one day meet some of the SoCal members here and maybe have tortoise play days! ;)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
FYI we usually have a meet once a year the site administrator josh organizes it, so wish granted.

Status
Not open for further replies.